In my 40 years, the farthest west I've ever been was the western edge of New Orleans. But, thins summer I'm going to see family in Texas outside of Dallas. Is there anything airplane of hobby relater that I should check out while I'm there?

Vince

Not much in the way of hobby shops, but several museums are worthwhile:

Frontiers of Flight Museum next to Dallas Love Field

Cavanaugh Flight Museum at Addison Airport (North Dallas)

C. R. Smith Museum at American Airlines Flight Academy just south of DFW Intl Airport

Where exactly outside of Dallas ?

Edited by habu2

Aviation: Frontiers of Flight Museum, Love Field; Cavanaugh Flight Museum, Addison Airport; Fort Worth Aviation Museum and Vintage Flying Museum, both at Meacham Airport; CAF Dallas wing at Dallas Executive Airport; Founders Plaza at DFW (planespotting). Other good locales to spot planes: NAS JRB Fort Worth / Carswell Field / Lockheed Martin

Models: Wild Bill's Hobbies in Irving, Hobbytown USA in South Arlington. There's lots of local hobby shops that cater to RC, rockets, cars, plastic, etc.

Sightseeing: (Dallas County)Perot Museum, Dallas World Aquarium, Dallas Zoo, Dealey Plaza/Texas Schoolbook Depository, Reunion Tower

(Tarrant County) Sundance Square, Cowboys Stadium, Fort Worth Zoo, Fort Worth Botanical Gardens, Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor.

Shopping (since Sarah is going to be with you): Galleria Dallas, Grapevine Mills, Parks Mall at Arlington, Stonebriar Center in Frisco

Not much in the way of hobby shops, but several museums are worthwhile:

Frontiers of Flight Museum next to Dallas Love Field

Cavanaugh Flight Museum at Addison Airport (North Dallas)

C. R. Smith Museum at American Airlines Flight Academy just south of DFW Intl Airport

Where exactly outside of Dallas ?

My Aunt live in Blum Texas and I have cousins in Kopperal. They may not be right outside of Dallas , but close enough. I'm also planing on visiting a couple of car shops. Anyone that watches discovery channel may know the two I'm going to.