This will in a future issue of FSM. It's the beautiful Hasegawa kit with the addition of the Steel Beach A-4 Super Fox/Blue Angel conversion. Some other mods were adding the smoke oil pipe to the inside of the sugar scoop and the extra padding inside the canopy. It was painted with MM Acryl Blue Angel Blue with a touch of Intermediate Gray added to lighten it up. The metal areas were painted with Alclad Polished Aluminum over a base of Enamel Gloss Black. The decals were from CAM. While they looked nice on the sheet, they yellow tended to be brittle and break apart around complex curves and surfaces. MM Acryl Chrome Yellow was a good match, though, so I was able to make repairs.

4807006_orig.jpg

8944149_orig.jpg

9412481_orig.jpg

9028294_orig.jpg

1038260_orig.jpg

6342517_orig.jpg

Thanks all. Adam 1818, believe it or not, there's no clear coat on that. That's the final finish of a thinned down coat of MM Acryl BA Blue. It looked good enough that I didn't want to put Future over it and ruin it. What I usually do, though, is put a couple coats of Future on it, let it dry rock solid, and the polish it out using progressively finer grits of sanding clothes. I may just leave this one alone, though.

Edited by Darren Roberts

Man I love it! Even if the landing gear looks almost too clean. No worries though as I know the Blues kept their birds pretty close to flawless when they could.

I've thought about hitting the landing gear with a wash of Tamiya Smoke to bring out the detail. In looking at pictures, though, the landing gear usually looks completely white (and fake I might add!). I just don't know. I might hit it with a very diluted wash just to get some shadowing.

it's simply impossible to resist those lovely colors, i hope i can see them alive one day. until then i'm gonna have to make do with staring at lovely scale models. thank you Darren. :)