A6M2 ZERO Tamiya,s 1/32

Hello everyone, after a few months away from the bench i decided try with this one to see if my modelling MOJO is back, this is a 1/32 Tamiya A6M2 ZERO it will make a good companion to my other 2 Tamiya birds, so far just the cockpit is done, the oxigen bottles will be without any lines cause they wont be visible at all when the fuselage is close. This will be a OOB build

_MG_1298_zpsicofpwhi.jpg

_MG_1300_zpsyoqb9uks.jpg

_MG_1301_zpshvssblnq.jpg

_MG_1303_zpswx3rkeo4.jpg

_MG_1306_zpspwcoelra.jpg

kellyF15, you will find the Corsair a pleasure to build, it goes together much better than the P-51 and the Zero, i have done both, for me the Zero is the only one a i have to use some putty on the seams, probably beacuse is an old kit

• 2 weeks later...

so far not much of a progress, just glue and sandpaper, fuselage and wing are in place, just painted the gear wells and testing on the elevator to see how can i get a fabric covered elevator looks, i think they are ok so they will stay with that finish, also added Eduard flaps set

_MG_1307_zps778falwn.jpg

the wheel wells are not that impressive, this airplane is so simple that looks like a toy, just a single hydraulic line in it

_MG_1310_zpsfp9plpdi.jpg

_MG_1308_zps2g5luh5n.jpg

the base color lighted with white is on, now a have to crack my head on how to weather this tone of paint without over doing it, this is going to be difficult , never painted this color on an aircraft before, also painted some spot in silver for a small chipping, navy Zeros were not that chipped as army Zeros

_MG_1314_zpsrxs3viip.jpg

_MG_1315_zps4gaaxjjr.jpg

reworked the fabric elevators so they wont look that worn

_MG_1316_zpsqdsxx059.jpg

Ok, so here it is, ready for roundels and codes to be painted and after that the paneling job will start, kind of start liking this color, didn't like at all at the beginning looks like a rotten egg, i have a doubt about the red of the roundels, did it fade under the sun?? i have read that the red color was a strong paint and even if the airplane was all bitten up the red color stayed unfaded, is that true, i dont whant to mess it up.

Jorge

_MG_1329_zps4ekbqeic.jpg

_MG_1332_zpsewe5xwm1.jpg

_MG_1333_zpsooqcrydj.jpg

_MG_1334_zpstf7qne6o.jpg

_MG_1330_zpsyexjtmgr.jpg

So far this is what a have:

Paneling on the top side : DONE

Insignias and fuselage band: DONE

next to come will be painting the insignias on the underside as well as paneling, then comes the vertical stab with the code and stripes painted

Till now the overall look of the Zero looks nice to my eyes and to the camera too

Jorge

_MG_1337_zpscsjjaoec.jpg

_MG_1338_zpshaoxr8hy.jpg

_MG_1339_zpsmlrs02fp.jpg

_MG_1340_zpsw18edkkc.jpg

_MG_1341_zpszxc1u3lu.jpg