Anyone going to Scalefest in Grapevine, TX? I couldn't get down to Houston but this one is in my backyard. I hope to bring 2 A-4s, an F-86, and possibly a couple Starfighters. Unfortunately my in flight refueling diorama won't be ready. This will be my first time at Scalefest, what should I expect?

I'll be there, as well, vending. The Grapevine facility is nice, but a little on the smallish side. This year Squadron will have a room set aside for themselves, and the rest of the vendors are spread out around rooms. Doors open to the public at 9:00, with judging after lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember all those. I liked the color scheme on the F-2 and the L-29, and the OH-6 looked great. I had the two F-104s, RAF F-86, EA-4F, and the in flight A-4. My F-14 was on display at the Plano Model Club table since I'm a member with them. Unfortunately after spending $300 on The HK B-17 recently I couldn't shop for kits.

Edited by falcon20driver

Yes. I unfortunately had an issue with the clear coat which led to it being far too shiny but it still brightens up the display case.

What decals did you use on it? That was a gorgeous scheme!

Those were the Victory Productions decals. They went on extremely well. Another forum member here sent that scheme to me. I really wish someone would redo the schemes from that sheet as there are some really cool 104s to be built.

Give me a day or so and I'll upload my pics on photobucket. Right now I'm out in the middle of nowhere Texas visiting family.

Tomorrow I'm goi going to take my daughter back to Dallas to see what we can see and hopefully meet a friend for dinner.

Edited by Vince Maddux

Those were the Victory Productions decals. They went on extremely well. Another forum member here sent that scheme to me. I really wish someone would redo the schemes from that sheet as there are some really cool 104s to be built.

I have been looking high and low for that sheet for my F-104D