Based on all the info I ordered Trumpeter's F-14A and Zactomodels correction set. I've done nothing but look at finished results from all entries and Trumpeter seems to have the overall shape of course with exception to the intake. I've not yet decided on which cockpit set to go with, I guess we can shift the convo on to that? I was hoping to be able to find Flightpaths carrier deck dio pack but alas, no where to be found so some scratchbuilding may be in order.

Edited by Boomstick

Based on all the info I ordered Trumpeter's F-14A and Zactomodels correction set. I've done nothing but look at finished results from all entries and Trumpeter seems to have the overall shape of course with exception to the intake. I've not yet decided on which cockpit set to go with, I guess we can shift the convo on to that? I was hoping to be able to find Flightpaths carrier deck dio pack but alas, no where to be found so some scratchbuilding may be in order.

The Trumpeter cockpit is actually pretty decent. Steel Beach sells a throttle for it, but everything else if pretty nice.

Wouldn't have gone with the Trumpeter.

There are so many issues with that kit for a shoot load of money .... The intakes might be one of the most popular flaws in that thing but certainly not the only one and most prominent. All I say is Phoenix pallets and too short avionics bulge :bandhead2:/> But going over all the many flaws of that thing again is like :deadhorse1:/>

All three incarnations need a ton of time and work but shapewise the Tamiya is still the best with the least count of flaws followed by the Revell. If Trumpeter was available at the price of a Revell, then maybe but never again for the money they ask for. Not worth it.

If you have the Trumpeter now anyways, try to find someone who can give you some Revell or Tamiya Phoenix pallets at least (forget the Wolfpack set, its all wrong and waste of money).

Edited by bushande

Wouldn't have gone with the Trumpeter.

There are so many issues with that kit for a shoot load of money .... The intakes might be one of the most popular flaws in that thing but certainly not the only one and most prominent.

I built the Trumpter Tomcat. I only knew that the intakes were a bit off because I was told about them. How long would it take to lengthen the pallets? 15 minutes? They're not a big deal.

When finished it absolutely looks like an F-14.