This Is the ProModeler F-84 painted with the new Vallejo metallic paints. I used Aluminum, Dark Aluminum and Steel. The markings are from Aeromaster.

All comments are welcome.

Wayne

image_zpstiaomsfw.jpeg

image_zpsfv3vqthy.jpeg

image_zpsynbxlmay.jpeg

image_zpszjxy8d6p.jpeg

What a nice finish! Great weathering as well

Nice build Wayne! Just a question on the metallic paint....is it enamel or acrylic?

These are Acrylic. I recently picked up two of them and they are great to work with and spray as well as a nice finish

I agree with what the others have said: Fantastic job! I actually had the Vallejo metallics in my hand the other day. I didn't get them since I didn't know how well they worked. Your F-84 looks great. Did the Vallejo metallics hold up well to masking?

Eric

This is my first build with these paints. So far I really have no complaints. I let the paint dry roughly 24 hours between painting and masking just like their other paints I use. After about an hour they are dry to the touch but for me I still let them sit for a day. The coverage is good. A couple of light coats and its done. I painted the darker panels with dark aluminum. After the masking was pulled, my personal take on it was there was to much contrast. I may have put too many coats on. I thinned the aluminum a little bit more and over sprayed it. It did cut the contrast a bit. Other than that I liked the finish.

Hope this helps.

Wayne

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did you use a primer coat before applying paint? I have a set of these, but have yet to spray them.

Another nice thing about them is they brush well. I use them for brush painting smaller parts (gear oleos, etc).