Had a guy pick me up to build him a Phantom. It's technically supposed to be an S variant Phantom, but we had a hard time finding one in 48th scale, and in the end he was more or less just wanting something to represent the markings so we settled with the J model. Fun build. Enjoy.

20160503_192441_zpsr54um0ko.jpg

20160503_192132_zps9oytbfdu.jpg

2016-04-30_04.06.09_zpsf5otnz3d.jpg

2016-04-30_04.06.49_zpsgkny9a82.jpg

2016-04-30_04.07.37_zpso7ofyapp.jpg

2016-04-30_03.59.27_zpsxyms4xs3.jpg

That is absolutely sublime. The arresting wire hook-up display is really sweet too, what a great idea!

This is just one beautiful piece of work. Bravo!!!

NOICE!!! Steel Beach has an S conversion for future reference.

That is good to know, actually. I have an Hasegawa F-4S in the stash, but there are so many S markings I want to do. The Has F-4S are kinda hard to find, so it is nice that there is a conversion. Is the conversion for the Academy kit?

That is absolutely sublime. The arresting wire hook-up display is really sweet too, what a great idea!

This is just one beautiful piece of work. Bravo!!!

That is good to know, actually. I have an Hasegawa F-4S in the stash, but there are so many S markings I want to do. The Has F-4S are kinda hard to find, so it is nice that there is a conversion. Is the conversion for the Academy kit?

I have one for the Academy, Hasegawa, and Monogram kits. I believe I need to cast more for the Hasegawa and Monogram. They just went OOS at Sprue Bros.

Question about the color. Please don't take this as a critique. I don't think I've ever seen -161 with that paint scheme. Should it have been overall Light Gull Gray? That's the only scheme I could find with those markings. Again, please don't think I'm trying to bash this beautiful build. I only ask because I like the tactical scheme, and if they had it, I want to build one.

Question about the color. Please don't take this as a critique. I don't think I've ever seen -161 with that paint scheme. Should it have been overall Light Gull Gray? That's the only scheme I could find with those markings. Again, please don't think I'm trying to bash this beautiful build. I only ask because I like the tactical scheme, and if they had it, I want to build one.

It is indeed. I used Tamiya paints to do it, so I had to mix sky gray and white. If I'm being honest, I think the markings were printed too lightly, as they're sullosed to be darker than the paint. I compared this paint job to one I did in actual gull gray and to be honest, this one looks lighter than the actual FS color. Had I added anymore white, I'm afraid it would have looked like a pale light gray or off white. So I just went with it.

It's the lighter decals that make the paint look darker. Got it! I think with darker markings, the Light Gull Gray would have looked more prevalent. This is actually a perfect example of why looking at pictures to decide a color isn't always that best way to go. The accent colors (in this case the markings/stenciling) make LGG appear much darker than it is. Fascinating. Regardless, it's a beautiful build.

Alright, now I get to blame you!!! :D For the past month or two I've been slowly getting rid of my overstash, figuring I've got all the basics of what I need for the next decade or two.

Then along comes this gorgeous build of a first-rate-marked late Phantom.

NOW I've gone and bought the decals in 1/72 and am just dying to use them!! :bandhead2:

So now I'm forcing myself not to get the Phantom kit until I 1) get rid of two more kits, or 2) actually finish two kits.

Thank you for giving me someone to blame! :D

Alright, now I get to blame you!!! :D/> For the past month or two I've been slowly getting rid of my overstash, figuring I've got all the basics of what I need for the next decade or two.

Then along comes this gorgeous build of a first-rate-marked late Phantom.

NOW I've gone and bought the decals in 1/72 and am just dying to use them!! :bandhead2:/>

So now I'm forcing myself not to get the Phantom kit until I 1) get rid of two more kits, or 2) actually finish two kits.

Thank you for giving me someone to blame! :D/>

Andrew,

You're quite welcome. At home I get blamed for everything and anything, and more then half the time I'm at work when the incident happened. So I'm quite use to being the whipping boy. :wasntme:

Joel

Andrew,

You're quite welcome. At home I get blamed for everything and anything, and more then half the time I'm at work when the incident happened. So I'm quite use to being the whipping boy. :wasntme:/>

Joel

Ah, yes, but that's just part of marriage. Give you someone to blame on a regular basis :D

Ah, yes, but that's just part of marriage. Give you someone to blame on a regular basis :D/>

Andrew,

Exactly. Too bad that they don't mention that before you take the plunge and say "Yes I do"

Joel