SW7 X-Wing: Which astromech would YOU use?

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which droid head would YOU choose for YOUR SW7 X-Wing?

• R2 (domed)
    • R5 (trapezoidal)

Time for me to decide which astromech head to use in my T-70 X-Wing (SW7, new generation design). And...I just can't quite decide.

R5: These are most clearly visible, the most often, in all the ground scenes at the base. Best documented for sure...and yet looks almost out of place. But clearly there. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CViVJz9W4AAUrap.png

R2: Much sleeker looking but I've only seen glimpses of them a time or two in the aerial shots. Not clearly seen, hardly at all. Could be construed as too cliché as well. https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Fgaik_XRZ09XFys4sk6jXVAssMi4bF3qPFnDROyWR1AR044rItLbn80GisszLydf5oItMYC-e3EzfomTbw2nDS2gCtJIYMR4=s0

Well? What would YOU do?

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

Alright...I'll be the mega geek in the crowd (apologies)...the droids used in Episode 7 that looked like R5's were actually RO droids. So the droid you see being loaded onto or being removed from Poe's X-Wing is an RO astromech. Same with the droids moving about on the flight line. What's the difference? In the scale you're talking about not much at all. RO droids were essentially refurbished and slightly enhanced units made up of parts from other damaged droids. The eye panels are different then the R5's and located in a different part of the rotating head, the heads are shaped slightly different to accommodate upgrades and they stand ever so slightly taller. There are actually unit designations but I can't remember them off the top of my head (RO4LO rings a bell for one). R2 and some R5 units (R2Q2 and R5X3?) were around as is evident from some pictures, but were in pretty short supply. Again, nothing major when you are talking the smaller scales and this is information that only mega SW geeks like myself go looking for :P.

In short...I'd go with an R5 head and call it an RO... :rolleyes:

:cheers:

Edited by Don

...you mean...*gasp*...I can tell my family I'm not as big of a geek as they say I am??? :woot.gif:/>

By all means please do and tell them that in honor of this discovery you will be buying two Bandai SW kits of your choice... :P!

:cheers:

By all means please do and tell them that in honor of this discovery you will be buying two Bandai SW kits of your choice... :P/>!

:cheers:/>

Bandai A-wings just came out yesterday.... :rolleyes: