Thanks for sharing these! So many A-10 loads - so few really great A-10 kits to put them on. I'm hoping for someone like Meng or Tamiya to come out with a more accurate, modern A-10A+/C kit. :pray:

I do remember "old TERs" carrying 500# LGB around the end of Vietnam time period on an F-4, etc.

That doesn't mean much, I know, because the more modern ones might have that capability left off. I can't imagine why that would be taken off, though.

I think it is a clearance issue with the external fuel tank beside the i/b station of the TER, since the rack is at an angle and the tail fins pop open there is a possibility of the GBU-12 making contact with the tank.

Jari

Where have you taken those from ? Are there more of them ?

The DoD metadata is there if you save the photos. For example, from the first one:

A U.S. Air Force KC-135 Stratotanker from the 340th Expeditionary Air Refueling Squadron refuels a USAF A-10 Thunderbolt II over Turkey in support of Operation Inherent Resolve, Jan. 6, 2016. OIR is the coalition intervention against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. (U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Corey Hook/Released)

That and the image file name helped in the search for the originals. I could find them on DVIDS: Click here

Edited by bdt13

That is a bad a*ss hog. Never seen them with such a varied mix (including the 2,000 lb JDAM). Curious about the rocket pod - are they willie pete smoke rockets for old school target marking or are they now flying with those new laser guided 2.75's?

Love the dents on the nose, just adds to the overall badness! Looks like one penetrated the skin but that could just be an illusion. Never seen those dents replicated on a model.

I too am curious as to why the A-10 seems to get beat up so much in AAR, never see other aircraft with divots like that around the refueling recepticle.

I have seen a few A-10's with dents on the nose, but haven't noticed any other types with dents around their fuel receptical. Does anyone know why ?

Lee

My guess is the metal on the nose of a A-10 isn't as hard as the other types, here is a B-1B that has it's receptacle like on the A-10, note just scratches:

140927-F-JK379-043.JPG

Jari

• 10 months later...
On 5/29/2016 at 8:35 PM, 11bee said:

Never seen them with such a varied mix (including the 2,000 lb JDAM). Curious about the rocket pod - are they willie pete smoke rockets for old school target marking or are they now flying with those new laser guided 2.75's?

This is a pretty standard load for anti-ISIS missions.  They've been using both types of rocket pods.  The Boise guys put the laser rockets to good use last Fall.

Dammit boys now I want to build an A-10! I know what's out there, I am crap at scratch building, and all the darn update kits are long sold out. So the question stands, say I want to build this bad boy or one similar. Monogram or Hobbyboss?

On 4/28/2017 at 10:14 PM, Finn said:

The Hog is still hard at work:

170419-F-ER377-0352.JPG

looks like it has already dropped a bomb from Stn 11.

Jari

The reason i said it looked like it already dropped a bomb from Stn 11 is if you look you can see the bomb ejector piston is extended. Most bomb racks i worked on have springs inside the piston so it gets retracted after punching off the store. However with so much force i have seen a few a/c come back with a piston still fully extended, then you just push it back up and work it a few times so that it is working freely again.At the end of the day's firing they get cleaned. 

Jari