1/35 Dragon Stug III Ausf. F/8

So, I've decided to take a foray in the armour world. I've always been intrigued by these beasts, and have to say I'm finding armour quite satisfying to build so far. The Stug has always been one of my favorite vehicles, and I got this kit for a song. Enough talk, on to the pics...

dragon-9013_zpskmxxg2ys.jpg

IMG_1253_zpsqebac0ln.jpg

So, the Dragon instructions, called for a portion of the plastic to be removed from the roof, where one of the hatches goes. I didn't pay close enough attention to the instructions, and instead cut away a portion of the roof that was pre-scribed on the kit part. Whoops. Will have to fix this up with some styrene...

Lesson learned though. Do more dry fitting before cutting.

IMG_0939_zpsqqtoe7py.jpg

Edited by r0t0rdr1ver

I like the Dragon Stug kits. Affordable, lots of detail, generally good fit, but like a lot of Dragon armor kits they can be over engineered. Whenever I do a Dragon armor kit I read twice...sometimes three times...and cut once. You are doing a nice job so far. I look forward to following your progress.

Careful though...armor modeling can be addictive :D

:cheers: