New RCAF Hawk special scheme is very impressive!

I usually see the images from my former RCAF squadron mates, today David Winter showed me a picture of the new Hawk special scheme.

419 has painted a Hawk in Lancaster colors, black bottom, upped cameo.

Colin Kunkel sent the images to David.

I usually see the images from my former RCAF squadron mates, today David Winter showed me a picture of the new Hawk special scheme.

419 has painted a Hawk in Lancaster colors, black bottom, upped cameo.

Colin Kunkel sent the images to David.

No pics, what`s the point :rolleyes:

It's a great scheme that references the old Lancaster schemes. Will definitely be looking at this in the 3 core scales.

Cjpszk7UUAADpsM.jpg

Edited by RiderFan

And............

417 Squadron will be painting up a CH-146 in WW2 desert scheme of Dark Earth over Middle Stone.

(Note to Dave Winters, here's hoping you can fit the markings on the Hawk sheet in the 1/72, and 1/48)

It's a great scheme that references the old Lancaster schemes. Will definitely be looking at this in the 3 core scales.

Cjpszk7UUAADpsM.jpg

Confirmed for the Trenton Airshow !

They should have done that finish on a CP-140... 4-engines and all, just sayin'...

It's painted on a 419 Squadron Hawk, the same Squadron that carried the same codes and colors on Lancasters in WWII. It's all about heritage.

We had a Moose Squadron Heritage flight at our 2010 airshow in Abbotsford. Very cool to see, but it would be fantastic with this new paint scheme.

lancaster%20hawk%20heritage%20flight%2014%20copy.jpg

Edited by riffraff

We had a Moose Squadron Heritage flight at our 2010 airshow in Abbotsford. Very cool to see, but it would be fantastic with this new paint scheme.

There is a similar flyby picture of the Lanc doing a flyby with the CF-5 Bruce the Moose for the Squadrons 50 or 60 Anniversary, I was in the Lanc for that flyby. I charged the Lanc's batteries the night before and the crew invited me along for the fly past as part of their appreciation.

Good thing my Herc Squadron had lead acid batteries just like the Lanc. 🙂