MiG-15 cockpit color

Hey all,

What would be the "appropriate" color for the cockpit of a MiG-15? Building the Trumpeter kit at the moment and they call for a 'blue pearl' color. Some seem to think the cockpit was something like aircraft grey so I'm not sure which one I should go for.

If I need this 'blue pearl' color, which paint line offers this in acrylic form?

Thanks!

Rob

Xtracolour, I know does the Blue-Green cockpit color, but I'm not 100% sure about this color on MiG-15s, they may have been doe in a medium gray, someone will be along shortly with the correct info...

Anyone has a chance to visit the famous MiG-15 which defected from Korea and was flown in the US for tests??? It would be interesting to see what the inside is like!!!! I know lots of instruments have been changed in it and English titles added but I would imagine it was never repainted inside. (Or was it????

The MiG-15 cockpits were grey, as to which grey dont ask. It was manufactured in so many factories all over Russia and under license in many countries. So greys of all sorts was there. I have five different MiG-15 ejection seats and they are all of different colour! Remember it was just few years after the end of WW2 and most important thing was to have as many new jet fighters as possible.

And next there was the overhaul of the aircraft few years into their service life, when what ever paint was available was used. On one of my seats there are 3 layers of paint and they are very, Very, VERY different!!!

There was a rumour that one of the RUssian manufacturing plants was using green for cockpit interior colour (a true green and nothing like the emeral blue used latter for cockpits on late MiG's). But there is very little to confirm this. Unless if we have a timemachine or a time warp and we can go back . . . Or we need a DeLorean . . . :D :D :D :D

Best regards

Gabor

Thanks much! I have some pics of the cockpit I found somewhwere and they look like the image above. Don't know if it's entirely accurate but I guess I'll go with it.

Rob