CD48116 - AH-1W Super Cobra

CD48116 will be a 1/48 sheet dedicated to the AH-1W Super Cobra. More recent examples (such as the HMLA-467 9/11 tribute helicopter seen below, which will be one of the options) will require the use of the Olimp AH-1W resin upgrade set.

I already contacted some of my resellers to ensure that the Olimp conversion kit will be easily available by the time the decals hit the market next month, but you may consider getting one now.

I am putting the final touches to this sheet, and will post profiles this weekend. Coming in the next (July) batch. I will scale this sheet down to 1/72, and a 1/35 version will follow soon afterwards.

16670749877_12af77369e_b.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Wow neato Kursad. I would never have guessed that you would ever release a helicopter sheet as I have heard that they are notoriously slow sellers. No matter, I am happy since I am a helicopter modeller. I believe the Turkish AH-1Ws are camo right?

Hi Chris,

I have released a bunch of helicopter sheets, starting with two sold-out UH-34 sheets; then a very successful SH-2F sheet that is about to be sold out. I recently did a 1/35 HH-65 sheet, and most recently a Mi-24 sheet as well.

I think there is a need for an up-to-date AH-1W sheet and I will bring my entry to the market next month. I wish we had a new tool AH-1W, but the existing kits in all three scales look pretty good with updates.

Edited by KursadA

Hi Chris,

I have released a bunch of helicopter sheets, starting with two sold-out UH-34 sheets; then a very successful SH-2F sheet that is about to be sold out. I recently did a 1/35 HH-65 sheet, and most recently a Mi-24 sheet as well.

I think there is a need for an up-to-date AH-1W sheet and I will bring my entry to the market next month. I wish we had a new tool AH-1W, but the existing kits in all three scales look pretty good with updates.

Sorry I may have misspoken. Silly me, I have those sheets too. I was thinking more along the US gunship kind of helicopters in the overall grey schemes like the AH-1W. All your other helicopter sheets are really nice markings with lots of colour.

I believe the Turkish AH-1Ws are camo right?

Correct, both the Whiskey and Papa versions now wear the Green/Brown/Black scheme. The Papas used to be overall Green Drab, not sure if any of them still fly l in that scheme.

I've never ask for a specific airframe or unit, but I'm gonna try it this time. Please do the USMC AH-1W NTS from my hometown HMLA-773 "Red Dog" in 35th scale. I would be most grateful. Standard USMC markings with a stylized Bulldog on the engine doors. This unit saw a lot combat on deployments during the Iraq/Afghanistan Wars. Thank you for any consideration. But of course I'll purchase the 35th scale sheet regardless.

Chuck

Sorry I may have misspoken. Silly me, I have those sheets too. I was thinking more along the US gunship kind of helicopters in the overall grey schemes like the AH-1W. All your other helicopter sheets are really nice markings with lots of colour.

The whiskeys have been in service long enough with th USMC to have worn a number of different schemes. From the the old green gray and black, to solid sand and sand and gray in Dstorm to the current grays.

Looking forward to the 1/72 sheet Kursad.

• 1 month later...

This is the AH-1W sheet, which will be part of the August batch of releases. I had a change of plans here and removed the foreign (Taiwan and Turkey) options. There were many USMC options I wanted to include, and there just was no space for anything else.

For the 9/11 tribute scheme with Manhattan skyline and most of the 9 options on the sheet, you will need the Olimp AH-1W update set with the new exhaust shrouds, etc. And who knows, maybe an up-to-date AH-1W kit will appear soon. There is also a pre-NTS, three-color camo option (with gray markings for some visual interest) that you can build using the Italeri/Revell 1/48 kit out of the box.

Sorry, no profiles until I get back from vacation. There are a total of 9 USMC options on this sheet.

cd48116draft.jpg

3497731655_a8749e69e7_b.jpg

16670749877_12af77369e_b.jpg

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...

Can you give an approximate release date in August for 48116? I have the kit and the addon set - just need the decals. They look GREAT! Thanks!!

Don

Hi Don,

I expect to release this sheet along with everything else in this batch on or around August 15. Thanks!

Finally done with the profiles - first up is this HMLA-467 example with the 9/11 tribute artwork that was painted on it while flying in Afghanistan a couple years ago.

cd48116promo1.jpg

Edited by KursadA

I have started shipping them on August 16 as mentioned on the order sheet. Shipping everything in the order received takes a couple of days - you will receive an email notification when it ships.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my Olimp 1/72 conversion the other day so now just waiting for you to release the 1/72 sheet. Any idea on the timing as I notice it wasn't in your newest announcement.

Cheers

Bruce