While waiting for some parts needed in my refueling diorama, I decided to have a refreshing relaxing build. I grabbed a Hasegawa A-4 kit from a fellow ARC'er and enjoyed. I absolutely love this kits. This time, I decided to try and build it in flight and with a few modifications the gear builds up easily. Don saved my butt after a decal issue, thanks Don :worship:. I also tried a new clear coat system and had much better results, both with decals and final appearance. Lost two tiny bits to the carpet monster, such is life.

20160601_124407_zpslwoyfm2d.jpg

20160601_124440_zps6y3jebaw.jpg

20160601_124501_zpsdreprrck.jpg

20160601_124519_zps5ufgjg98.jpg

20160601_124541_zpso7nsy4pj.jpg

It hasn't been too bad here in North Dallas area. Rainy, but nothing like Houston. The clear coat was a change from Testors acrylic which sucked, to model master enamel and lacquer clears. The coats seemed much harder/durable and a whole lot smoother. It worked well for me.

It hasn't been too bad here in North Dallas area. Rainy, but nothing like Houston. The clear coat was a change from Testors acrylic which sucked, to model master enamel and lacquer clears. The coats seemed much harder/durable and a whole lot smoother. It worked well for me.

Yessir, I couldn't agree with you more as far as the Testors and/or MM Acrylics. They don't stick to anything. I normally use the

Testor's clear lacquer products. I know a lot of folks don't like 'em, but I've had good luck with Microscale's Micro Flat and Micro Satin. I use Future for clear acrylic coats. Great job on the A-4. That's a nice kit. Those don't look like Hasegawa decals, but

the kit comes with those decals IIRC.

Thanks guys. Those are the kit decals, and they sucked. I destroyed my set of intake stripes but thankfully Don helped me out. I honestly believe those were the first Hasegawa decals I've used, as I almost always use aftermarket.

• 1 month later...

I completely missed this one...probably as I was on the road most of June. She came out GREAT! Nicely displayed too...those in flight poses really show of an aircrafts lines :thumbsup:! Glad you were able to get her completed.

Well done!

:cheers:

Don.

Thanks! Don, thanks to you helping out it took Gold in my local IPMS show.

Hey just glad I could help out a fellow modeler in need.

Congrats on the award :thumbsup: ! Well deserved.

:cheers:

Don.

Thanks guys. Those are the kit decals, and they sucked. I destroyed my set of intake stripes but thankfully Don helped me out. I honestly believe those were the first Hasegawa decals I've used, as I almost always use aftermarket.

[/quote

Yepper, Hasegawa kit decals do suck. The reason that I thought that they weren't kit decals is that the white looks too white for Hasegawa decals. Their white is usually such an off-white that they look terrible. The white on those looks, well, white! Great job on the kit. I have one that I planned on doing as an in-flight. Your in-flight build takes away any doubt. Again, great job.

Thanks. The gear doors are easy to close once I figured out what needed to go and stay. The rear nose gear door doesn't fit at all. That was filled in with milliput and sanded smooth. I'm itching to build a bunch more in flight A-4s but I've committed to some other projects first.