1/35 Hobby Boss M1070 & M1000 HETS

I really enjoy big construction equipment...bigger the better. Its just another interest of mine that I share with my son. When Hobby Boss released their 1/35 M1070 Truck Tractor and M1000 Heavy Equipment Transporter Semi-Trailer (Heavy Equipment Transport System or HETS for short) a few years back I wanted one in a HUGE way (no pun intended :P ). It combined my interest in armor AND my interest in construction equipment. But initially weighing in at over $200 USD it was way outside my modeling budget. Fast forward to last week and I snagged one for a crazy steal of a deal that illustrates that sometimes patience pays off ;) :

IMG_20160601_173042_zpsde9uzlxv.jpg

What a BEAST! Thirty (30) tan colored sprues, 3 clear sprues, 11 crisp sheets of photo-etch frets, 51...yes 51...rubber tires, wires, hoses, pins, tubing, springs, decals for NATO camouflage or desert camouflage and a 48 page instruction novel. Whoa close to 2000 total parts!!! Talk about intimidating. A 1/35 Abrams...no slouch size wise in 1/35...is dwarfed by this unit. I am thinking of putting MENG's D9R armored dozer on it, or an HEMTT...but an Abrams will look pretty cool too. Lots of time to decide.

Anyways, I just wanted to share my excitement with ARC's armor fans or those interested. Once I get a couple projects off the workbench this bad boy is moving to the front of the line...long term project for sure...but I have the space.

A short little walk around video of the real deal:

:cheers:

and then you don't build this one with the resin engine, PE-updates, and the whole deal...

<_< Which would pretty much add an additional $100-$150 to the kit. Besides, the model is very solid straight OOB and I have long past the stage in modeling where I need to cram every AM item available into a kit that really doesn't require it or it's somehow expected. That and I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in displaying it with the engine exposed nor building an armored cab version.

I am happy as is thanks ;)...

No problem. A friend of mine is busy with all the whistles and bells on this beast, so I have a good idea of the cost's involved. I agree that aftermarket is not a must on a model, but it can be nice. But a good model built out of the box can make me equally happy... After all, it's not the amount of aftermarket that defines a good model, but the painting stage that comes afterwards...

No problem. A friend of mine is busy with all the whistles and bells on this beast, so I have a good idea of the cost's involved. I agree that aftermarket is not a must on a model, but it can be nice. But a good model built out of the box can make me equally happy... After all, it's not the amount of aftermarket that defines a good model, but the painting stage that comes afterwards...

Couldn't agree more on everything you wrote :thumbsup: !

:cheers: