Hellas!!!

How is You all going, friends of the Hellenic Aviation?

First i would like to thank the organization people like Tobi K. for approaching this great theme! And also thank You all for Your comments and help.

I renewed some pictures by just exchanging the file name.

Seat from Pavla and scratch cover:

p058_1_06.jpg

Bureau with equipment:

p058_1_05.jpg

The Esci color, as i remember they all had been in silver back 35 years ago.

p058_1_04.jpg

Here is what i will use:

a) Pavla Intakes

b ) Pavla seat MB Mk4. It fits perfectly for this kit!

c) A resin J-79 engine, that will fit also perfectly (manufacturer unknown, from spares box)

d) Icarus decals (unfortunately the dark blue roundels are not contained ... loved those ... okay, the HAF later used lighter blue ones)

e) Master Model pitot tube.

f) single stuff like Eduard Ejection Seat Handles, Quickboost F-105 Antennas, Eduard Position Lights.

Also out there is the cockpit from NeOmega and wheels from Barracuda i guess, will not use that. Cockpit has now kit decals.

p058_1_03.jpg

I plan to build the aircraft full clean with canopy closed, not because i'm a foolish, but i like the aircraft look sleek!

p058_1_00.jpg

I bought this hidden kit times before internet was born, i advertised my search in the "Modell Fan" and bought it for 37,- German Marks as i recall, then a huge amount of money for a plastic kit. Unfortunately the kit wasn't complete and what even worse, the greece decals where partly missing ... that f...ing big (_o_) i bought it from.

The original reicept is on the picture, price was 9,95 German Mark, about 3 US$ at that time ... unbelievable ...

p058_1_01.jpg

The kit came like shown on the picture. But finally i've got the Icarus decals in time.

p058_1_02.jpg

Why build this old kit? I wanted to build the Mirage F-1 for 30 years because i just love it, especially in the french blue with the blue roundels of the Hellenic Air Force. To be honest i do not have the money for the KittyHawk and i had this Esci on my shelf. For me the old kits ... i love them even if they are no good any more.

Have fun, Goggo

Edited by Goggo

Agree, Grandboof, I am on the same trial.

Soo, Goggo is finally in! Welcome to HAF GB! Seams the F-1 is a favorite airplane beside the RF-4E...

I just finished mine Goggo.Dont underestimate that kit,for years greek modelers did miracles with that. Its a honest nice kit. Any help you need dont think twice...I might be able to help you...go on, give us something special!!!

• 4 weeks later...