Amazon.com's new shipping method?

So I ordered the Airfix Battle of Britain 75th Anniversary set from Amazon, which includes four 1/72 kits, a stand and some other goodies. It's a sizable box, and I ordered a few other things as well.

On my doorstep, I got two boxes of books and my other things, and this....

2016-06-02%2017.01.30_zpsr9ghz0rt.jpg

They just slapped a shipping label on the kit box and sent it! Amazingly, just one side was somewhat crushed, and it looks like it had been opened since the tape on one side was off, but everything is in there and ok.

Still, not sure I'll order kits from Amazon again. <_</>

Was that fulfilled by Amazon or a vendor who sells on Amazon? Either way its certainly not good and nothing that I have ever seen from Amazon before and I order a ton off of Amazon. Heck I just got a bunch of kits and supplies from Amazon yesterday and it was all well packed and safe and sound. I would definitely send whomever an email stating that sending model kits or anything like that isn't a good idea.

My two cents.

Was that fulfilled by Amazon or a vendor who sells on Amazon? Either way its certainly not good and nothing that I have ever seen from Amazon before and I order a ton off of Amazon. Heck I just got a bunch of kits and supplies from Amazon yesterday and it was all well packed and safe and sound. I would definitely send whomever an email stating that sending model kits or anything like that isn't a good idea.

My two cents.

It was fulfilled by Amazon (Prime). I order stuff from them all the time, but I wonder if they're getting sloppy?

It was fulfilled by Amazon (Prime). I order stuff from them all the time, but I wonder if they're getting sloppy?

I have Prime as well and I have never in all my years ever seen such a thing from Amazon. I personally don't think they as a company are getting sloppy but someone there was when they filled your order. Like I said, write or call them see what's up and why that happened.

Hope it all works out.

:cheers:

I get stuff through Amazon Prime all the time and have never seen anything shipped this way. I wonder if it was somebody's first day or last day lol.

... I wonder if it was somebody's first day or last day lol.

Maybe first, last, and only?

Anyway, Amazon gets a lot of my money--gotta keep two German Shepherd Dogs in kibble and treats--and I too have also never experienced packaging like that.

Yep that would chaff me big time...I love to carefully cut out the box art and save it when it is really nice or a special edition....This one would be an extra special edition with that shipping label right on the front..I'd definitely leave some choice feedback for this one....

To be fair to Amazon, the product page states "This item's packaging will indicate what is inside. To cover it, select Ship in Amazon box on the checkout page"

Since the package is damaged, you can select a return or exchange on your Amazon order page and Amazon will provide you with a return label to send the damaged item back and they will send you a replacement.

Edited by Model-Junkie

To be fair to Amazon, the product page states "This item's packaging will indicate what is inside. To cover it, select Ship in Amazon box on the checkout page"

Good catch as I have never seen that before nor this (also found in the link you provided):

"Ships from and sold by Amazon.com in easy-to-open packaging."

"Easy to open packaging" basically means that if the item is already well packed at the manufacturers location then it will ship in the same packaging.

I will be looking for these two descriptions from now on.

Since the package is damaged, you can select a return or exchange on your Amazon order page and Amazon will provide you with a return label to send the damaged item back and they will send you a replacement.

Huh. Good catch indeed. I didn't see that at all, but will be on the lookout now!