Found an online photo album

I wish he'd noted "Dad's" B-25 unit. The USAF collection at Archives 2 has a single, low altitude photo of several B-25s wearing Roman numerals on their tails, but we've never been able to positively identify the squadron they were assigned to!

Cheers,

Dana

I wish he'd noted "Dad's" B-25 unit. The USAF collection at Archives 2 has a single, low altitude photo of several B-25s wearing Roman numerals on their tails, but we've never been able to positively identify the squadron they were assigned to!

Cheers,

Dana

THIS is where I found it. I will ask him. He says he has more photos. Perhaps you could register and PM him. Other peoples posts HERE. Mostly junk or previously seen but the occasional gem will show up.

Edit. Here is his reply:

That has proven difficult to pinpoint. I know he was in the 92nd Airdrome Squadron. It's been hard to figure out what Bombardment Group, though. Someone posited they they were attached to a headquarters unit, as they did take care of General Crabbe's bird. But that's all I know...

Edited by silver1