Another great American has exited the stage....An American icon, a player on the world stage, activist, openly spoke out and was the outlet thru which many people had a voice, that others listened to. I guess he was a rebel with many causes. He was entertaining to those sports fans who loved boxing, and those who were casual fans; his history is well known, many say they lived thru the history that was America in the 60's and 70's as did I, but this man was/is history. Godspeed Mr Ali (Cassius Clay) may you rest in eternal peace, and my condolences to your Family, close friends, and those who mourn your passing.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Another great American has exited the stage....An American icon, a player on the world stage, activist, openly spoke out and was the outlet thru which many people had a voice, that others listened to. I guess he was a rebel with many causes. He was entertaining to those sports fans who loved boxing, and those who were casual fans; his history is well know, many say they lived thru the history that was America in the 60's and 70's as did I, but this man was/is history. Godspeed Mr Ali (Cassius Clay) may you rest in eternal peace, and my condolences to your Family, close friends, and those who mourn your passing.

VERY well spoken.

He gave us many memories....."Floats like a butterfly....Stings like a bee."

or

Thrilla in Manila

The Thrilla in Manila was the third and final boxing match between Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier. It was contested in 1975 for the Heavyweight Championship of the World at the Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines, on Wednesday, October 1. Ali won by technical knockout (TKO) after Frazier's chief second, Eddie Futch, conceded the fight prior to the 15th round. The contest's name is derived from the frequent rhyming boast made by Ali that the fight would be a "killa and a thrilla and a chilla, when I get that gorilla in Manila."

The bout is consistently ranked as one of the best in the sport's history and was the culmination of a three-bout rivalry between the two fighters that Ali won, 2–1

I agree, Ali was the greatest pugilist ever.I'm not a big boxing fan but I've watched enough of Ali to believe that is so.

RIP Mr. Ali

Wow....that was a treat to see that fight after all these years.

There will never be another who exudes as much confidence as Ali did. He wasn't just the greatest boxer he was the greatest of men. My life long dream of meeting him has come to an end. Fight on champ.