collage1.jpg

So, as the description says this kit was done when we were boys maybe more than 12 years ago. My brother and I decided we would complete all the models we had so that we could just focus on one at a time in the future but...

Somewhere in between completing our last collection (t-50,J20,F-22) and waiting for the model we really wanted to do next (Eduard Mig21bis) , my brother got tempted to salvage an old EEL model so it could once again take its place on display. At first I wasn't keen on the idea but The EEL was something we had planned for the future. Before we knew it we now had a bashed up 1/48 on the go. It needed some serious work as many parts needed breaking off or remaking. By this point the Eduard kit had arrived and we were keen to move onto it but we felt this needed to be completed first. As if that wasn't bad enough I happened to pick up a 1/48 Canberra for a bargain which I planned to sell on but instead I read a bit about the plane and found it just as interesting. Next thing it was out of the box.

anyway here's the photos

0a.png

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by HOKUM52

from airliners.net link here: http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/English-Electric-Lightning/2043462/L/&sid=4f065a21096b954b60eb434dfa5ea52e

As with our previous few models we like to pick a specific aircraft and attempt to do it as accurately as possible at a given point of time (normally dictated by decal availability) We had gone with the box decals for BE/xs923. We had no instructions from 12 years ago but after finding them online we saw they were mostly inaccurate as is often the case with aircraft that have been modified throughout their life. the picture below is how and when we wanted ours to be from. the above image you can see the guns had been removed and it had received a repaint. Other images also show the nosecone repainted and everything smartened up.

0.jpg

SO lets spoil what we just did, and revisit the camo.

14.jpg

We wanted a really accurate pattern, there's no way you can get it right the first time.

6.png

After glossing it was Only as we were about to place the roundel we realised this was also way off.

10.png

16.jpg From the airliners link on first post.

15.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Thats it for now, weathering in my next post, it will be quite a transformation!

Here's the finished shots bar the missiles. they're a bit far out to examine detail unless you've got a large display.

enjoy.

29.jpg

251.jpg

261.jpg.281.jpg

30.jpg.31.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg.DSC_0001.jpg

onto the Canberra immediately!!

Edited by HOKUM52