I was just looking at RF-4C/B/E kits. Testors has a 1/72 RF-4C/E kit and Fujimi has an

F-4B/E kit. Were C and B models the same? What I am getting at is if I have the Testors

RF-4C/E can I make a B out of it fairly easy, just new decals? Thanks---John

RF-4B's were used by the US Navy and Marines.All but the last 10 or so production aircraft had thin wings.The USAF used the RF-4C used the wing with raised suface on wing top for the bigger tires the USAF used.The USAF had the B style nose and later models after 1969 had a streamlined nose for the cameras.Hope this helps.

RF-4B's were used by the US Navy and Marines.All but the last 10 or so production aircraft had thin wings.

The last ~10 had the thick wing, hence the Hasegawa 1/48 RF-4B can only be made into one of these late recon birds, not the early ones.

If you want to make an early RF-4B, you'll have to mix'n'match wings from an F-4B kit.

Thanks Paul. I am hoping the old 1/72 Testors-Italeri kit has the proper nose for this

early war RF-4C in Ton San Nhut airbase 1965. The article on it says it had gull

gray over white paint scheme.---John

27499502706_2f94d05f01_z.jpgRF-4C_Phantom_16th_TRS_in_Vietnam_c1965 by jvandeu53, on Flickr

John, I believe the Italeri kit has this early, angular nose fairing. I just checked my Hasegawa kits (1/72) and the RF-4B has both noses (on the clear sprues) and the thin wing. The RF-4C kit has both noses again and the thick wing.

John, I believe the Italeri kit has this early, angular nose fairing. I just checked my Hasegawa kits (1/72) and the RF-4B has both noses (on the clear sprues) and the thin wing. The RF-4C kit has both noses again and the thick wing.

My Hasegawa kit has both wings.

Wayne