ARC Discussion Forums
SpencerP

Eduard 1:48 Me109E - Their Other Messerschmitt

SpencerP   

Hey Everyone!

Having completed Eduard's stunning Messerschmitt, Me109G-6, I thought I would also complete their earlier kit of the '109E. This was a kit that was 2/3rds built when it first came out in 2012, but a mixture of apathy, time and the loss of a bunch of parts, forced it up into the room of doom - or loft, as I also call it - and so having survived being smashed (which is almost always the fate of unfinished work), I dragged it out and completed it! It's not perfect, but I think it makes a cool counterpoint to the later kit and at least now means that I finally(!) have an earlier variant of what is rapidly becoming my favourite WWII aircraft.

More photos, for those that are interested, can be found on my Blog:

Me109 Blog

My Blog

I hope that you like it!

Spence :D/>

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

Just lovely! The high 65 and the 02 n 71 color combo are just righteous! Maybe this will give me some inspiration to work on my Monogram 109E with a similar color scheme...

K

Dutch   

Yes!  Very lovely!  Not a bad piece of work for being buried for four year, unearthed, dusted off and prepared for display in a museum.  Are you sure you are not an archaeologist?  Nice work.

Beautiful!

Now I have to ask how you achieved that feathered-yet-straight demarcation line between the lower color and the upper colors. It looks fantastic.

I'll be building Tamiya's E-3 fairly soon, so I'd love to know.