New 1/32 F-14 Tomcat by Zokei-Mura

A little birdie says a 3rd Tomcat is coming....and we know the first two....

Edit: to be clear I don't know exactly who is gonna bring it out, just that there is a 3rd one being worked on.

Edited by falcon20driver

The F-14 is huge in Japan...right up ZM's alley.

I can't imagine building a Z/M style F14!! Suspect it will be somewhat expensive. Still Z/M is seemingly getting better with each new kit issue, and there are a lot of large scale builders anymore.

What with AMK and Z/M moving into the realm of the big boys, and have an ever expanding group of followers; we're lucky. Now if AMK would just do the F100 series in 1/48th! That with a Z/M F86 will make my eyes look like silver dollars!

gary

Up till now, Z/M has not produced a real modern fighter jet in 32 scale (yes, the Ho229 they did :)/>)....so, not sure if they would take this jump...on the other hand, why not. It is a very popular jet...the Tamiya kit still sells for more bucks than the Trumpeter one...

If they would do it, I think it could be the ultimate Tomcat...just as long as they don't over-engineer it....

Edited by Timvkampen

I've not heard anything about it. Even if it is in the plans I wouldn't get to excited. They are miserably slow to churn kits out, and they aren't that great anyway. Their Do335 took 3 years from the first mention of it to hit store shelves and it's shockingly bad in comparison to the HK kit. While I'd love a new tooled F-14 from someone...ZM is the last on the list of who I'd want to see do one.