Looking for wood base makers/sellers

I'm looking for vendors of wood bases. Anything from small (54mm figure size) to 1/9 Bust size or 1/16 (120mm) sizes. There was a guy in the Atlanta area who made some very nice bases....bought a bunch from him when I was doing figures regularly, but I cant find his contact info. I've gotten the itch to do figures and busts again and need some nice bases...TIA!

I was at the local art store today, where they had wooden panels 4"x4" and larger. Essentially a frame with a plywood sheet across the front. They had panels with plain plywood faces (like these) as well as panels with fine veneers and even metal sheet.

I just made a 5x7 base from some Baltic birch plywood. Rattle can Krylon black primer and some sanding resulted in a nice basic base. I glued a photo on top and sealed it with Blair Spray Clear Matte. Some self-stick felt on the bottom finished it off.

I'm looking for vendors of wood bases. Anything from small (54mm figure size) to 1/9 Bust size or 1/16 (120mm) sizes. There was a guy in the Atlanta area who made some very nice bases....bought a bunch from him when I was doing figures regularly, but I cant find his contact info. I've gotten the itch to do figures and busts again and need some nice bases...TIA!

I am a carpenter / cabinet maker by trade, maybe I could help you out if you can't find what your looking for ??

Steve

Some of my work

1/48th scale base

IMG_2936_zpsa722eea6.jpg

IMG_2929_zps4c6d2301.jpg

1/18th scale base

IMG_5108_zps5duey7il.jpg

1/4" plow made to accept an acrylic cover.

IMG_5112_zpskzqgktgx.jpg

"In Flight" display base made for my 1/18th scale Tomcat

IMG_4601_zpspb9a2wnc.jpg

Current display made for my 1/18th Tomcat minus the acrylic cover.

IMG_5117_zpswyql2ivn.jpg

IMG_5116_zpsi2rdr1ue.jpg

IMG_5118_zps5ppmhpzd.jpg

Steve

Some of my work

1/48th scale base

IMG_2936_zpsa722eea6.jpg

IMG_2929_zps4c6d2301.jpg

1/18th scale base

IMG_5108_zps5duey7il.jpg

1/4" plow made to accept an acrylic cover.

IMG_5112_zpskzqgktgx.jpg

"In Flight" display base made for my 1/18th scale Tomcat

IMG_4601_zpspb9a2wnc.jpg

Current display made for my 1/18th Tomcat minus the acrylic cover.

IMG_5117_zpswyql2ivn.jpg

IMG_5116_zpsi2rdr1ue.jpg

IMG_5118_zps5ppmhpzd.jpg

Steve

Very nice work! I'll keep you in my list of favorites for bases. I've found a few to mount my busts and figures...thanks,

Tim