Nice find!

Looks like the pilot is from the 44th Fighter Squadron in Kadena, Japan. The lanyard around his neck has AESA wording on it. I wonder if this new display is part of the AESA radar upgrade on the F-15C fleet.

Cheers,

John

The Sniper pod is not used by the F-15C Squadrons. Strike Eagles use it and this is definitely not a Strike Eagle. It has to be part of the upgrade program that goes along with the AESA radar. Some other passive sensor pods are being considered for the F-15C fleet like the Legion Pod but the procurement has not yet started.

Edited by EagleAviation

The Sniper pod is not used by the F-15C Squadrons.

The TSP package consisting of 12 F-15C/D Eagles of the CA and MA ANG sent to Europe a few months ago do carry the Sniper for a-a identification purposes! Take a close look at the various pictures taken of these birds operating out of Leeuwarden AB, NL.

The TSP package consisting of 12 F-15C/D Eagles of the CA and MA ANG sent to Europe a few months ago do carry the Sniper for a-a identification purposes! Take a close look at the various pictures taken of these birds operating out of Leeuwarden AB, NL.

OK I did not know that.

That screen is part of the Sniper integration. It is an iPad sized screen to display the Sniper imagery. It was first tested by the 125th Fighter Wing at Jacksonville several years ago, and has slowly been creeping its way into the fleet. Now, most squadrons have one or two jets so equipped.

I was not allowed to shoot the new cockpit configuration when I visited Jacksonville a couple years ago, but was able to shoot the Sniper pod and its fitment to the center station.