CD144002 - 1/144 C-141 Starlifter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Available for preordering now. There is a high level of interest in this one, and I think it may sell out rather quickly. Get one now if you want one.

The profiles below do not show a couple of the options (the Euro1 camo option and C-141A "Hanoi Taxi" - but the markings are there on the sheet and I will add profiles in a couple of days)

Caracal Models CD144002 - 1/144 C-141 Starlifter

cd144002profiles.jpg

12 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Dang... That NASA scheme is mighty tempting!

I frequently like to provide options to  bait  motivate modelers into doing interesting, but somewhat challenging subjects; so I can enjoy them vicariously. The NASA flying observatory scheme would require some conversion and scratchbuilding, but I am sure it will make a great project. I am still somewhat sad I have not seen some of my previous "challenges" taken up by anyone - I have yet to see someone build the retro WWII AMX scheme on CD48069, for example. Perhaps I should turn it into a contest with a non-trivial (>$100) award?

Edited by KursadA
22 minutes ago, KursadA said:

I frequently like to provide options to  bait  motivate modelers into doing interesting, but somewhat challenging subjects; so I can enjoy them vicariously. 

Knowing you have that mindset, may I suggest a 1/144 sheet for the C-130? I'd love to see markings for the EC-130, HC-130, MC-130, etc.

1 hour ago, thegoodsgt said:

Knowing you have that mindset, may I suggest a 1/144 sheet for the C-130? I'd love to see markings for the EC-130, HC-130, MC-130, etc.

Totally agree with this!   More 1/144 Kursad.

And I preordered two of these sheets and 6 of 135 sheets.

Just pre-ordered both the -141 & -135 sets!

2 hours ago, KursadA said:

A bunch of 1/144 stuff is in the works; starting with scaled-down B-1B and B-52 artwork, EC-121s and C-130s like you suggested. Perhaps even a KC-10 sheet at some point.

I'm in for all of those, would love to see some Desert-Storm era Shamu KC-10s, as well as an option for the original hi-vis scheme.  There are some decent photos at the dstorm.eu site if you haven't seen it.

Thanks

Jonah

21 hours ago, Gator52 said:

Just pre-ordered both the -141 & -135 sets!

I'm in for all of those, would love to see some Desert-Storm era Shamu KC-10s, as well as an option for the original hi-vis scheme.  There are some decent photos at the dstorm.eu site if you haven't seen it.

Thanks

Jonah

I agree with that.

On 11/14/2016 at 1:48 PM, KursadA said:

Perhaps even a KC-10 sheet at some point.

1/72 too? I have the Anigrand kit. :thumbsup:

That is admittedly a pretty limited market, but it is also hard to find KC-10 in 1/144, but if you make it, I will buy it, and find the kit someday.

51 minutes ago, Kurt H. said:

1/72 too? I have the Anigrand kit. :thumbsup:

That is admittedly a pretty limited market, but it is also hard to find KC-10 in 1/144, but if you make it, I will buy it, and find the kit someday.

There are so many Anigrand kits with substandard decal sheets. One would think they could afford to offer better decals for the price they are charging for their kits. I am sometimes tempted to do decals for their kits (Sabreliner, C-141 etc.); but I'm afraid the volume will not be there. 

Speaking of the Roden kit, if you have one already, check it. Reports are that some kits have only two of the four E sprues required for all four engines. I opened my box this morning and confirmed that only two of the sprues are present. I've emailed Roden for replacements.