Fujimi or Hasegawa F-14?

Since both these kits come with separate wing flaps and slats, which one builds

better with them up and the wings swept back? I have both kits. 1/72nd

Thanks

Edited by flyfort17

I guess it depends on how much wing sweep you want. The Hasegawa kit's wings are keyed to be either fully unswept (as in take-off/landing config) or overswept (for parking). The Fujimi one has fully positionable wings and can sweep through the entire range of motion.

Mark

Edited by gb_madcat_sl

Fujimi gives you moveable wings and is easier to build but it's the best for presenting a updated tomcat. The wheels represent the original ones no matter what kit you kit. The hasegawa one you can build the wings in either the fully swept or full open configuration but they aren't moveable and you can also build later model to acts from it

I posted this info in another thread, but I'll mention it here. The Fujimi kit has the trailing edge of the wings (In front of the flap hinge) molded for the flaps to be retracted only. The Hasegawa has the same areas molded to have the flaps deployed only. What are apparently spoilers will hinge downward on flap deployment, shown on the Hasegawa kit, not on the Fujimi. It's a small thing, but it's there. I have both kits in front of me right now, and the difference is obvious.

I hope this helps out.

DET1460

The 1/72 Hasegawa F14 is very similar to their 1/48th kit. A big pile of plastic that half toss the waste basket before done. Is it better than the Fujimi? Probably in the box, but not built! I wouldn't trade one 1/72 scale Hobby Boss or Fujimi Tomcat for three Hasegawa's. By the way you can buy the Fujimi kit for about $20 even out of Japan.

gary