ARC Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kjhayes007

Blue Angels A-4F Cockpit

All,

My references seem to show no Heads Up Display on the dash in the Blue Angels Skyhawks. Can anyone confirm that and share references? I visited the Museum of Flight in Seattle several years ago and the Skyhawk there does not have a hud. Then again, it didnt have an ejection seat either, so I'd like additional input. Also, does anyone have photos of the ejection seat as used in the Blue's Skyhawks? Thanks for any input. Im getting close to finishing up my ProModeler 1/48 Skyhawk and just need a few more bits of info. Its going great and I cant wait to share it.

KJ

Yes no HUD, actually gunsight, but the TA-4 the Blues had still had the gunsight. It can be seen in the videos.

All,

My references seem to show no Heads Up Display on the dash in the Blue Angels Skyhawks. Can anyone confirm that and share references? I visited the Museum of Flight in Seattle several years ago and the Skyhawk there does not have a hud. Then again, it didnt have an ejection seat either, so I'd like additional input. Also, does anyone have photos of the ejection seat as used in the Blue's Skyhawks? Thanks for any input. Im getting close to finishing up my ProModeler 1/48 Skyhawk and just need a few more bits of info. Its going great and I cant wait to share it.

KJ

If you need any clarification, I just finished an article for FSM on how build an accurate BA Skyhawk.