CF-188 s/n's & loadouts for Operation Mobile

I plan to build a 1/32 CF-188 that was involved in Operation Mobile (Libya 2011).

The base kit is Academy #12107 USMC F/A-18A+, along with Wolfpack upgrade set, and Canuck Models decals.

I would like to find out the following for CF-188 aircraft used in OM:

• serial number (for decaling)
  • pilot name & callsign (for decaling)
  • weapons loadout w/ station number (for accuracy)... would like a loadout that includes the Sniper XR targeting pod on the fuselage station (because it's cool).

I have already asked DND for this information, but they will not give that information "for reasons of maintaining operational security."

Any help is appreciated!

Hi Glenn,

It shouldn't be too hard to find the aircraft numbers that were used in Operation Mobile. A Google Image search should get you a few aircraft numbers. As for pilots names and call signs, these are always painted over when the aircraft are deployed into hostile operations. Any other special markings are painted over as well. All you'll see is a standard CF-18 paint scheme with squadron emblem on the tail. This can be seen on photos of the aircraft in theater. As for weapons loadout that would depend on the mission being flown. Photos are your best bet here.

Cheers,

John

I asked Eduard what PE sets would work with the Academy #12107, but apparently they do not have anything to match, nor are planning to make anything.

Does anyone have ideas what detail sets would work on this kit?

Edited by GlennCauley

I plan to build a 1/32 CF-188 that was involved in Operation Mobile (Libya 2011).

The base kit is Academy #12107 USMC F/A-18A+, along with Wolfpack upgrade set, and Canuck Models decals.

• weapons loadout w/ station number (for accuracy)... would like a loadout that includes the Sniper XR targeting pod on the fuselage station (because it's cool).

I have already asked DND for this information, but they will not give that information "for reasons of maintaining operational security."

Any help is appreciated!

Any help is appreciated!

Opsec? Go to Combat Camera and type Libya in the photo search field. Tons of pics.

http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=photos&template=detail_eng.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=51684&site=combatcamera

Cheers

Bill Inglee

Typically, during Op Mobile, the Sniper was always carried on the left intake station. External fuel tanks were carried on the centerline and inner pylons. Right intake station carried one AIM-120 AMRAAM.

Wingtip stations both had AIM-9 Sidewinders. Most common bomb load was 2 GBU-12, 500 pound laser guided bombs on the outer wing stations.