Begemot asking a little help in Chineese

During decal design for MiG-15 we are have some troubles with Chineese MiG-15 with hieroglyphs on nose.

On greyscale photo is real aircraft during war in Korea, colour photo - our days aircraft from museum. It is not a big problem that is a little different writing in 1950s and now, but what is mean this writing?

Why at greyscale photo 7 hieroglyphs in lower line, at modern only 6?

I'm not clear see how is writing upper right hieroglyph, maybe someone can shiow how it wright?

China%20MiG-15.jpg

Edited by kotey

Thank you - one more question left - i'm not clerar see how is writing of uper right hieroglyph - it wouldn't be desirable to be mistaken in writing.

Yes, thank you, niki4703, exactly this i'm mean. Not nessesary more clear photo, maybe handmade writing how its look like.

Ken, thank you, i'm have hi-rez photo of this aircraft from museum, its more interest about historical aircraft from greyscale photo.

Edited by kotey
  • 2 weeks later...

Andrei,

I have some closeups of both sides of the MiG-15 - taken at Xiaotangshan.

You obviously have good examples of the incorrect script already - but you are welcome to my hi-res photos if you want ?

day02_009.jpg

Ken

In case you're interested, the script on the first MiG says 少年先锋号 which means "young pioneer". The word 号 denotes that this is the name of an object.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...