Testors 1/144 C-5A Galaxy

Outstanding work on the camo. Tight pattern. The C-5 looks great in the Euro scheme.

I've got one in the stash that I considered selling, now you've made me rethink that.

-Jeff

Outstanding work! Great job...I feel like I'm sitting on the ramp at Howard AFB back in the late 80s :)

I admire your patience with all those wheels and you got the "sit" of the jet perfectly.

I admire your patience with all those wheels and you got the "sit" of the jet perfectly.

That's a really good point!

Would you describe your technique for getting that most excellent sit?

That's a really good point!

Would you describe your technique for getting that most excellent sit?

Many thanks guys for comments.

Dnl42, not sure if I understand your question correctly due to my limited English I will try my best (or worst). :rolleyes:

Before starting the wheel well jobs The fuselage was dry fitted with all landing gears to compare them against photos of the real thing how the original, unaltered model sit on its gears. I found that kit's main gear attachment points were OK so I use them anyway while the nose gear assemblies also provided close enough sit, I discard kit's nose wheel well (which an attachment hole was at) though because it was too shallow. So with the new deeper nose wheel well I had to alter the length of the nose gear strut too. Repeated fine tuning of nose gear strut length comparing to the photographs again and again until I get proper fuselage sit to the ground with modified nose gear. Reworking and repositioning of the nose gear doors (originally sat too low and too thick) also help to improve the look.

To made all wheels to touch the ground (which was done on the final assembly stage) first I glued six painted wheels to one painted landing gear then placed an assembly on a flat glass to check if any wheel gets off the ground. Fortunately, an attachment hole on each wheel was bored very slightly off-center so I just rotated those wheels to finally landed them while the glue still not fully cured. After the glue dried I fitted all five assembled landing gears to the finished fuselage and put whole model on a flat glass to check which gear unit not fully on the ground. Reducing size of the attachment pins on top of that gear helped to fix those. Ensured that these later work did not affect already tuned sit of the model from the earlier process then ... bingo!

Teeradej, Simply beautiful! Thank you for showing us all what can be done with an older "less than perfect" kit. Through your hard work, excellent skills and perseverance, you have inspired us all. R/ Dutch