1/32 scale H-43 Huskie set

There have been some requests to make a number of the sold out Cobra Company H-43 Huskie resin super set. There are some slight modifications to replace the white metal flight controls with resin ones but the full resin set masters and the some limited number of photo etch sheets remain. The new series would retail for $75.00. What interest is there, would 10 people commit to a purchase?

Chris M

Cobra Company

Call it strange but I picked the kit off my shelf a couple weeks ago and started to build it. The resin and photoetch go a long way but with the amount of information now available in print and online I have doubled the amount of work that I'm doing. All of the rigging between the tail booms and the fins is fiddly and the mount for the engine exhaust was a bit perplexing. And the rotors in the kit are barren compared to what you can find in detail on the Prime Portal site.

Chris M

count me in for a set , since I have two HH-43 sitting in my closet needing to be built. But also on that same note , Chris is there any thoughts or moment toward producing an update set for the Italeri 1/48 V-22 to convert it to a CV-22B AFSOC aircraft ?

count me in for a set , since I have two HH-43 sitting in my closet needing to be built. But also on that same note , Chris is there any thoughts or moment toward producing an update set for the Italeri 1/48 V-22 to convert it to a CV-22B AFSOC aircraft ?

The Osprey has come on my radar screen. My son is an MV-22 pilot in the Marines. He wants a model built in his squadron markings and that project will be in 1/72 using the Hasegawa kit. Anything I make will be for that kit first. The 1/48 scale kit has a very difficult to fix flaw from the start, that hump on the upper wing/fuselage is wrong. What ever else there is will have to be researched with up to date references which I do not have and with out help from some one who knows I may not pick them all up. One thing at a time with this idea.

Chris M

Chris, count me in on a set also. And thanks for reconsidering a new run. Just let us know if you produce them, I would hate to miss out on getting a set this time.

The Osprey has come on my radar screen. My son is an MV-22 pilot in the Marines. He wants a model built in his squadron markings and that project will be in 1/72 using the Hasegawa kit. Anything I make will be for that kit first. The 1/48 scale kit has a very difficult to fix flaw from the start, that hump on the upper wing/fuselage is wrong. What ever else there is will have to be researched with up to date references which I do not have and with out help from some one who knows I may not pick them all up. One thing at a time with this idea.

Chris M

congrats to your son , I have had to use the MV-22 USMC a few times for rides back from Fort Irwin. I must say during the transition from hover to forward flight it gets a bit bumpy, but it can certainly haul fool when it needs to get up and go. I do understand one thing at a time. I totally rebuild the hump on top for my 1/48 scale AFSOC CV-22B version , but I am hung up on modifying the sensors on the tail. I am almost out of ideas and options. I did buy on EBAY a beautiful decal sheet and a CD with great pics of the MV-22 from VMM-162,261,263,204 and VMX-22. There is a new Squadron in Action series on the V-22 but little on the AFSOC version.

• 6 months later...

I built this back when it first came out several times. Always thought it was an interesting helicopter. I picked up a copy of it a couple years ago hoping to build it again, also hoping to get your detail set. Still on the wish list to build, so I would be very happy to see you release this again. Thanks for considering to do this. Don M.