Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 2:49 AM, Crazy Snap Captain said:

Reviving the previously nuked thread. Can someone please post the latest updates that were previously on here. Thanks. Let's keep this one on topic.

Agreed!! Looking forward to this one and using my Greek decals!

1 hour ago, Collin said:

Please release this kit, but for goodness sake have it fit better than your T-45C 1/48 kit. That thing is a bear and makes me think twice about building the KH 1/48 EA-6B (which has well documented problems) I have in the stash or any other KH kit for that matter. I enjoy building models, not fixing mismatched parts molded incorrectly. 

Collin

Kittyhawk didn't release a T-45C or EA-6B, Kinetic did and they're two different companies. 

21 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

What is SMCG?

Scale Model Critique Group. A facebook page run by Jim DiCeasare and Matt McDougal and a few others who take it upon themselves to "critique" peoples work.  There was a situation a few years back where the circle jerk brain trust there decided Kitty Hawk was the worst of the worst after KH posted a meme that rustled their jimmies (it was mocking people who do nothing but complain when a company releases a new kit and isn't their cup of tea). 

They took that as the worst personal affront and declared war, sounded the trumpets and proceeded to begin to troll and mock KH everywhere they could on the net. 

On 12/8/2018 at 12:12 PM, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Scale Model Critique Group. A facebook page run by Jim DiCeasare and Matt McDougal and a few others who take it upon themselves to "critique" peoples work.  There was a situation a few years back where the circle jerk brain trust there decided Kitty Hawk was the worst of the worst after KH posted a meme that rustled their jimmies (it was mocking people who do nothing but complain when a company releases a new kit and isn't their cup of tea). 

They took that as the worst personal affront and declared war, sounded the trumpets and proceeded to begin to troll and mock KH everywhere they could on the net. 

Actually SMCG is all about critique, and considering you're using terms like "circle jerk brain trust" shows where you're coming from. The group has always been all about modelers improving their work, and sometimes looking at online builds and critiquing them as well. there was one instance where a modeler on this website was unfairly mocked, and that situation was dealt with and that hasn't happened since. SMCG is one of the tightest moderated modeling pages online. And actually the nonsense Kitty Hawk threw out online about both of them stems from Matt McDougall having the temerity to build the KH 1/48 Su-17 online and point out its' build issues and poor engineering. For the American rep for Kitty Hawk to go after people online and go so far as to start a Facebook page dedicated to slamming them, well that's not very professional is it?

2 hours ago, jgrease said:

Actually SMCG is all about critique, and considering you're using terms like "circle jerk brain trust" shows where you're coming from. The group has always been all about modelers improving their work, and sometimes looking at online builds and critiquing them as well. there was one instance where a modeler on this website was unfairly mocked, and that situation was dealt with and that hasn't happened since. SMCG is one of the tightest moderated modeling pages online. And actually the nonsense Kitty Hawk threw out online about both of them stems from Matt McDougall having the temerity to build the KH 1/48 Su-17 online and point out its' build issues and poor engineering. For the American rep for Kitty Hawk to go after people online and go so far as to start a Facebook page dedicated to slamming them, well that's not very professional is it?

Little. Plastic. Airplanes.

That's exactly right Trigger. It's all about plastic airplane models, and the very notion that Jonathan and others feel the need to denigrate other people just because of plastic model airplanes is pathetic. Even more pathetic is when someone who ostensibly represents a company starts a Facebook page just to name call others because they disagree with their opinion. What can I tell you?

2 hours ago, jgrease said:

The "Friends of Kitty Hawk" page wasn't started by anyone from Kitty Hawk whatsoever. SMCG actively bashed people left right and center and *anyone* who dared leak posts about said bashing was immediately banned. 

The only reason SMCG made contrition for bashing the build here is because they got caught on that one and had their dirty laundry exposed here.  

4 minutes ago, jgrease said:

That's exactly right Trigger. It's all about plastic airplane models, and the very notion that Jonathan and others feel the need to denigrate other people just because of plastic model airplanes is pathetic. Even more pathetic is when someone who ostensibly represents a company starts a Facebook page just to name call others because they disagree with their opinion. What can I tell you?

Shall I include some choice screen captures of said people making an fool of themselves there?   Let me know 🙂 

29 minutes ago, jgrease said:

That you started it, maybe? I'm not tryin' to say, I'm just sayin'....

30 minutes ago, jgrease said:

Aw hell, I'm feeling generous..here ya go..

What can I say...SMCG did manage to get KH to shut off the ability of people to post things to their page without moderation. 

Remind me again who was childish here? 

3O6aiBu.jpg

FFwuTPE.jpg

Edited by Jonathan_Lotton

I did not mean to start this mess. I get the picture and if there is a Facebook Group who like to look at photos and critique them, that is their business just as much as those who may wish for their work to be critiqued. We critique kits here as well and for those of us who put the many hours of work into the KP Su-17 with additional resin et.al. I would still argue the Kitty Hawk sample would be more accurate and easier to work with. I digress.......

I won't play with that group. But, I am still very interested in the Mirage 2000 in 1/32 scale. If Kitty Hawk put as much effort into it as they did the Su-34 it should be a good build.