Eduards release of the 1/48 J 35 Draken

Hi

Eduard has made a mistake in their limited release of the 1/48 (hasegawa) draken.

1135x.jpg

The instrument panels included on the PE fret are only good for the Danish and Austrian versions.

eduard1135reviewbg_5.jpg

They say to use the Danish IP for the Swedish and Finish option, but Sweden and Finland use the same type of IP the the Austrians did but in green.

The strange thing is that they have made the correct Swedish/Finish IP in a previous release, but they haven't included it in this new release.

fe417.jpg

Also missing from this release are the big fuel tanks for the Danish version. These tanks are however included in the Danish Hasegawa releases.

So this release is a hit and miss in my opinion.

I noticed the same thing when I got my kit yesterday. But I believe it is par for the course nowadays. Eduard is not the first company that has been taking some shortcuts when it comes to research. On the bright side, I got it from Alfa Hobby at a discounted price. Just under 500 SEK (ca €50) for a nice Hasegawa kit and some resin and PE extras is not bad at all. I´ll order the other PE-set for the Swedish version I was planning on building and use the included PE on a later build.

Does the Danish Hasegawa-Draken contain the hook? It´s included in resin in the Eduard kit.

Neither Hasegawa or Eduard have made a 'complete' Danish Draken in any of their kits.

Hasegawa pros:

- Fuel tanks of correct size

- Late RHAW and chaff/flare modifications

- Late type camera nose

- Arresting hook with chaff/flare dispensers on either side

- Fairly good Danish decals

Hasegawa cons:

- Incorrect wheels

- Incorrect/lack of pylons

- No early configuration option

- No F-35 option (only RF-35), i.e. WDNS nose

Eduard pros:

- Correct Danish wheels

- Early configuration without RHAW

- Arresting hook without chaff/flare dispenser on either side

- Fairly good early type Danish decals

Eduard cons:

- No Danish fuel tanks

- Incorrect/lack of pylons

- No early RF-35 nose option

Eduard have release the Danish pylons as a separate Brassin set, but I have yet to see them release the wheels.

Jens