Hi everyone! I'll be shooting two birds with one stone here.

Is the Kitty Hawk 1/48 super etendard #80138 any good? I particularly like the modernise 80th anniversary scheme, but have no idea about the kit; couldn't find any decent review on the net either.

Any idea if the Hobby Boss 1/48 Su-27 #81711 will be significantly better than the existing Academy's?

Any major comparative info for the two will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi

as for the Super Etendard:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/982183-kitty-hawk-kh80138-dassault-breguet-super-etendard

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/947746-kinetic-k48061-sue

both kinetic and kittyhawk seem to be OK.

Just not he same scheme and loadouts.

The kinetic seems to be easier to build because kitty hawks's fuselage is cut in many parts... :(

Concerning the Su-27, academy offering is quite good, but suffers from some inaccuracies (radome, overall length,canopy shape, basic cockpit and missiles)

You better have to wait for the Hobbyboss release if you are attached to these points.

regards

Romain

Having both SUE/SEM kits, my impression is that the Kinetic kit is more accurate, but the KH kit has more decal and stores options. The KH kit is best built as a SEM as some parts for the SUE are missing (IP) or incorrect (fin forward facing RWR). Also, the KH kit lacks intake trunking and the exhaust extends too far relative to the rear of the fuselage.

Having both SUE/SEM kits, my impression is that the Kinetic kit is more accurate, but the KH kit has more decal and stores options. The KH kit is best built as a SEM as some parts for the SUE are missing (IP) or incorrect (fin forward facing RWR). Also, the KH kit lacks intake trunking and the exhaust extends too far relative to the rear of the fuselage.

The provided seat is a Mirage F1 seat also. And the leading edge and trailing edge flaps configuration is unrealistic: if aircraft is parked, all flaps should be up (they're electric, not hydraulic); if the trailing flaps are lowered, all leading edge flaps should be lowered too.

Edited by Laurent

regarding the Su-27. the J-11 is a very nice Kit. easy straight forward construction with adequate detail and no major fit issues.

As to the shape, it looks like a flanker to me.

Any idea if the Hobby Boss 1/48 Su-27 #81711 will be significantly better than the existing Academy's?

Yes, HB J-11/Su-27 will be a very major improvement over academy in terms of accuracy and shape. A bit better detailwise too.