1/72 - IAI C2/C7 “KFIR” by AMK AvantGarde Model Kits - progress

Hi everyone,

These are the latest CAD shots for you from Macau.

This is a little surprise we had prepared for you so we hope you approve the indulgence.

This kit is a scaled down version of the 1/48 scale kit we released a few years ago but with some improvements.

This model kit has the “waist” fuselage section missing from other kits and includes slide molded single piece missiles (I believe a first in this scale).

Following on from the trusted AMK ethos of “Easy To Build”.

Many more photos on our Facebook page.

86002-p10_zpszktyckhq.jpg

Special thanks to Dmanton300 for the help on this project.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models

There's something that bothers me in the front view. Where the wing leading edge intersects the intake face. It can mean two things: the wings may be set too low on the fuselage and/or there may be a problem with the intake face size or location.

oJYp5rR.jpg

I'll buy a kit netherless as it will be definitely a huge improvement over existing kits (Hasegawa/Seminar/Italeri).

I'm wary of comparisons like these... Are we sure the angle on the CAD and the photo is correct?

Also, i'm not knowledgeable on the Mirage/Kfir family, but are the intakes the same? Different engines usually spell a change in intake geometry... (And it's a Kfir CAD vs a Mirage III photo)

Cheers!

I'm wary of comparisons like these... Are we sure the angle on the CAD and the photo is correct?

Also, i'm not knowledgeable on the Mirage/Kfir family, but are the intakes the same? Different engines usually spell a change in intake geometry... (And it's a Kfir CAD vs a Mirage III photo)

Cheers!

That's a Kfir. Seems like a legit concern - not the end of the world if it doesn't get addressed by any means, but certainly in that "nice if they do" category.

kfir_c-7_529_10_of_18_zpshhm59kon.jpg

Special thanks to Dmanton300 for the help on this project.

Good move, AMK. That gives me a lot of confidence! :thumbsup:/>

Hope Drewe has also helped them with the whole 1/72 Mirage III/5 family.

Gene K

Edited by Gene K

Good news. Though I find myself wondering, if the 1/72 kit will correct the shape issues that were visible on their 1/48 Kfir, will AMK go back and update their 1/48 kit as well?

I can't find Kfir front pic with limited distortion and proper incidence angle.

It might actually be easier to work from a side-view, since front view photos will be very much perspective-driven. Plus, the airframe sits nose-high on the ground, which will make it very hard to match the straight-on view of the CAD.

In a similar vein though... when did Kfirs start getting bulged intakes?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hQ8-1VHqTkc/Tt6jIiJan3I/AAAAAAAAOzA/rpLJHlu8NrM/s1600/IAI+KFIR+3.jpg

http://cdn.airplane-pictures.net/images/uploaded-images/2009/9/5/60667.jpg

Edited by MoFo