15 hours ago, Mercury said:

Wow!! A detailed interior is planned for this kit? Won't see much for crew positions/members, but bomb and gear bays are welcomed.

I like the detailed interior for the upper deck, but the Nav and Radar Nav positions are utterly pointless.  I'd rather see them spend that time and effort on providing something obvious like late model M117 bombs for the H and G models.  If they eventually do produce earlier models, they could knock everybody's socks off by doing Quail decoys and B28RIs in "clip-in" configuration.

Regards,

Murph

To be honest...all these new bells & whistles are cool. But if the wings and engines aren't right....then I'm going to be VERY uncomfortable!! And....I won't mind telling Model Collect. But I have a sneakin suspicion that this is going to be an instant Classic.
I like the interior stuff because it helps me learn more about Buffs and USAF aircraft in general. Looking forward to this.....but it better be worth the price tag too. I've never paid $100 for any model. Buffs are an exception though. I worked on them at Castle AFB in 1976. That was one amazing base....

Edited by pminer
  • 1 month later...

"I am no expert but looks like B-52 to me." :woot.gif:

Seriously, looking good, hopefully B-52 experts are on top of it and suggests possible fixes to Modelcollect etc.

Looking good overall, but those images of the G show some features unique to the H, specifically the MRT antennas on the waist and the ARC-210 antenna between the leading edge of the fin and the 'tree' antenna.  Also, the wing root represents the H and non-ALCM G.

Jonah

6 minutes ago, Gator52 said:

Looking good overall, but those images of the G show some features unique to the H, specifically the MRT antennas on the waist and the ARC-210 antenna between the leading edge of the fin and the 'tree' antenna.  Also, the wing root represents the H and non-ALCM G.

Jonah

If you have time/can be bothered, fire them an email. They are open to critique.

Wow, doesn't that look gorgeous! The stressed-skin effect would really crown it. As a realist I naturally acknowledge the fact that there's no place in our house where I could store that thing as a finished model...

I posted on there facebook to see if they can put HSABS on their H version with GBU-31, a pylon for the wing to put a SNIPER/LITNING pod on. Asked for AGM-129's. Also if they would just do a separate parts tree with all the antennae so the builder can configure it to proper time frames.

2 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Is that the only photo showing the loading options on it? A load of ALCMs?

No Hound dog pylons, no stub pylons, no heavy stores adapter beam just ALCMs... on a jet that cant fire them too. Great so far.

It looks to me like they stuck G-engines and guns on an H-body.  On the original box art photo they posted for the G-model it did include the strakelets representing an ALCM aircraft.  So hopefully they're aware, but just got a little eager to release some drawings... hopefully.

Edited by BN7149
3 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Is that the only photo showing the loading options on it? A load of ALCMs?

No Hound dog pylons, no stub pylons, no heavy stores adapter beam just ALCMs... on a jet that cant fire them too. Great so far.

The CAD renderings posted on FB in February showed the H with stub pylon/HSABs, cluster racks in the bay, and targeting pod w/ pylon. A separate image showed previews of B61, B83, AGM-142, Mk82/84, & CBU-87.

Jonah

1 minute ago, Gator52 said:

The CAD renderings posted on FB in February showed the H with stub pylon/HSABs, cluster racks in the bay, and targeting pod w/ pylon. A separate image showed previews of B61, B83, AGM-142, Mk82/84, & CBU-87.

Jonah

This is indeed sounding promising.
However I looked on the website and all of the interesting models are showing as in stock but Pre order status.

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:42 PM, Gator52 said:

Jonah

Well, for $100, just getting all the weapons will be worth it.

• 7 months later...

Okay, another reality check here! 

It's 2 January 2018 and still no Modelcollect 1/72 B-52G or B-52H.  I do not have Facebook, so can't check their FB page for announcements.  I mean, I've had the B-52G kit on backorder since 20 Jan 2017 from Hobby Search Japan.  No joy.  I have since settled on the AMT/ERTL 1/72 B-52G with Buffmaster mods for updates and wing pylons. Hopefully, HSJ will cancel my backorder.

On a positive note, I see that Modelcollect finally released the B-2.

R/

Dutch

39 minutes ago, Dutch said:

I do not have Facebook, so can't check their FB page for announcements.

Err... yes you can.  It's a public page, so you can view it without a Facebook account:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Modelcollect/posts

Last update was a(n, IIRC, reduced-scale) mockup of the major assemblies to check the shape, back in mid-December.  To be fair, they've never set a release date for the kit, and the pre-order thing was pretty clearly VERY early in the design process, so it's not like there have been multiple delays or broken promises (vs. something like the AMK F-14).  It's just... kits take a long time to bring to market, and since they announced it so early, unfortunately we're getting to witness just how long that gestation can be.  Yeah, it's frustrating and they really should be doing a better job of communicating with people who have pre-ordered the kit - especially since they're an unknown quantity to many aircraft modellers - but the long wait is just a pretty standard development time.

41 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Thanks for the Facebook link, however, I still don't see any "new" news about the B-52G there.

Be patient, I'm sure it's going to come soon, and I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait!

7 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

Be patient, I'm sure it's going to come soon, and I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait!

B.Sin,

Thank you for the vote of confidence.  I won't ask how you know, but I do have a question.  Will the Modelcollect B-52G feature wing strakelets (per SALT II Treaty) "molded in" or will they be an "add on" piece. The test shots do not show the strakelets.  I much prefer the "add on" option, so that a straight wing B-52G conventional bomber can be built. Just curious.

R/

Dutch