Random thought, but I wonder if what we're seeing is at least partially a function of the flaps installed in the up position (perhaps hastily so)....I'm curious if the angle of the wing would appear any different if the flaps are modelled extended....

Jonah

Edited by Gator52

I heard from MC on Facebook. They said they are fixing the flying wing problem. They said the wings were not originally designed in CAD to be in flight mode. Good to know....keeping my fingers crossed...

12 hours ago, pminer said:

I heard from MC on Facebook. They said they are fixing the flying wing problem. They said the wings were not originally designed in CAD to be in flight mode. Good to know....keeping my fingers crossed...

I'm sorry, but that just sounds weird. If they didn't design the wings with up sweep then how did the molds end up with up sweep which is just about perfect for a plane in flight? Sounds like they had a "Oh S***" moment and are back peddling fast :doh:

What you have to bear in mind is that the wing droop happens when its fueled up.

They probably followed the design dimensions to the letter and ended up with a good representation of a B-52G/H. But as we all know the wet wing makes the wings have an undesigned droop.
To model that you would have to use fuelled up planes from the get-go.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, Mstor said:

I'm sorry, but that just sounds weird. If they didn't design the wings with up sweep then how did the molds end up with up sweep which is just about perfect for a plane in flight? Sounds like they had a "Oh S***" moment and are back peddling fast :doh:

Yes...it struck me as an OOOPPS! moment for Model Collect also. If it's not....then I cannot fathom who in the he- -  thought that a flying pose would market well with modelers. Especially after the AMT debacle several years ago. Infuriating.

I hate to disagree but BUFF wings droop naturally with no fuel or weapons. They're designed that way. It's just that the wingtip gear do not touch when not fully loaded. I worked on B-52G's and B-52H's in the USAF. KC-135's also. Sheet metal. The wings droop naturally for better stability and greater payloads. Same with the C-5...C-141...C-17....An-124...and other heavy lift military aircraft.

Edited by pminer

The nose needs fixing, but I am sure they will hear enough that and do it. Still outstanding that the kit is being done and we now have another option. Can’t wait to see the weapons/pylons we will get with this and than all the after market and decals that will come out.

The nose is interesting..they got the side profile looking not bad but the plan view has a continuous curve that makes it look like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

in reality the nose curves in to the radome join line in a pinch then goes almost straight to a last minute point from above.

No idea where they got that from.

If they dont fix it i have a long list of donor kits to provde replacements till a resin one arrives.

Edited by dehowie

A lot of people have asked about the strakelets given that this will apparently be an ALCM G-wagon... so far with no reply.  The boxart clearly shows strakelets.  I'm curious, though... does the word "strakelet" translate into any language that is meaningful to the folks at ModelCollect?  Are people asking and maybe they aren't even processing what that means?  In all honesty I read past the word quite a few times and really had to look at photos to figure it out back before I knew what they were.

-Ryan

• 1 month later...

Oh, man, I dunno. Can't think of a D in that color scheme. Looks like one of the drop ships which were B models, I believe. I know it's just an art rendering, but the tanks look too small for those monster tanks the D had. And if their cover artist can't get it right, what should we expect when we open the box? I got a bad feeling about this . . . . 

1 hour ago, engineman said:

I believe this is Timmy’s tigator

Operation redwing dropship

Pretty well documented B-52D.

sne was lost over burns flat Oregon in 1959.

http://fineartofdecals.com/goodies/relaxing-in-the-buff/

I stand corrected. Hope they get the tanks right. Having built the B-2A, I'm hoping they do a better job with parts fit and the instructions.

As with all things , let’s see what they produce , it still early . I am hoping for a 

RB-52 . A D means you can make a C,D or E, and using the G engines and a scratch ultra bump a F.  They seem receptive to feed back . If they need research in a buff 

I got it !

scott 

14 hours ago, engineman said:

I believe this is Timmy’s tigator

Operation redwing dropship

Agreed. You can make out the tail number on the box art 6591 which matches that of Tommy's Tigator

With a couple AMT and Monogram BUFF kits in the stash I'll be taking a wait and see approach to these new B-52 kits before pulling the trigger.