On 5/14/2018 at 8:37 PM, pminer said:

Yes...it struck me as an OOOPPS! moment for Model Collect also. If it's not....then I cannot fathom who in the he- -  thought that a flying pose would market well with modelers. Especially after the AMT debacle several years ago. Infuriating.

I hate to disagree but BUFF wings droop naturally with no fuel or weapons. They're designed that way. It's just that the wingtip gear do not touch when not fully loaded. I worked on B-52G's and B-52H's in the USAF. KC-135's also. Sheet metal. The wings droop naturally for better stability and greater payloads. Same with the C-5...C-141...C-17....An-124...and other heavy lift military aircraft.

Those outriggers took out many taxi lights on our base when we hosted visiting B-52s. 

On 7/13/2018 at 6:18 AM, Hooker169 said:

It looks like Modelcollect removed the "Pre-order" box on their B-52G kit, is that indicative of them shipping the -G and if so has anyone received theirs?

Yes, they are shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link; it will be interesting to see what the aftermarket offers for this kit, both in terms of details and corrections. 

At least the parts breakdown is conducive to replacement nose & tail parts-

Jonah

Edited by Gator52
10 hours ago, Gator52 said:

Thanks for the link; it will be interesting to see what the aftermarket offers for this kit, both in terms of details and corrections. 

At least the parts breakdown is conducive to replacement nose & tail parts-

Jonah

I only glanced quickly but I didn’t see an antenna sprue. G’s had an extensive array of prickly things sticking out of them that could take up half a sprue.

Still, I can’t wait to get this in hand,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that nose though.......sorry, OCD!

46 minutes ago, Hooker169 said:

I only glanced quickly but I didn’t see an antenna sprue. G’s had an extensive array of prickly things sticking out of them that could take up half a sprue.

Still, I can’t wait to get this in hand,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that nose though.......sorry, OCD!

That, and the tail... that tail section is not from a G-model (I know this thread was originally about the H-model).  Also, the other glaring issue is the lack of strakelets to identify the jet as an ALCM carrier.  You could still model it as a conventional-mission G, if you overlook the other issues, but still... if you are advertising it as a cruise missile carrier and including the cruise missiles in the kit, I suppose you might-oughta get the airframe right.

-Ryan

The sprue with the flaps & bomb bay components looks to have been significantly revised for the better; the version pictured on Luckymodels site looks way better than the rounded, B-1 style bomb bay pictured on pg 4 of this thread.  

Jonah

I'm holding out for the B-52H to be released, Hopefully they'll release a B-1B too. Not being an expert on the B-52, what exactly are the external differences between the G and H models?

55 minutes ago, engineman said:

The H had different engines 

the tf-33 low bypass fan , and the tail armament was changed from 4 .50 cal

to a 20mm Gatling gun . Those are the major external changes 

Thank you for the quick reply.

On 8/4/2018 at 9:08 AM, BN7149 said:

That, and the tail... that tail section is not from a G-model (I know this thread was originally about the H-model).  Also, the other glaring issue is the lack of strakelets to identify the jet as an ALCM carrier.  You could still model it as a conventional-mission G, if you overlook the other issues, but still... if you are advertising it as a cruise missile carrier and including the cruise missiles in the kit, I suppose you might-oughta get the airframe right.

-Ryan

You’re right, it’s a darn D tail! I went back and looked at the revised test build and the latest sprue shots and it’s definitely a D tail. Bummer

Maybe they got stuff mixed up with all the different boxings they’re releasing and the correct one will be in the kit,,,,,,,, maybe?

1 hour ago, Flyboyf18 said:

Well mine is winging it's way to me right now! Or maybe it has landed and is going thru customs inspection?? Could have it in hand by the end of the week, early next week for sure.

Nice, let us know when you get it so we can get a cursory review:thumbsup2:

4 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

You’re right, it’s a darn D tail! I went back and looked at the revised test build and the latest sprue shots and it’s definitely a D tail. Bummer

Maybe they got stuff mixed up with all the different boxings they’re releasing and the correct one will be in the kit,,,,,,,, maybe?

Yeah, they did release some boxart recently for a D model I believe.  I should have clarified in my earlier message that by "tail section" I really meant the aft-fuselage area with the guns, the tail itself looks to be fairly accurate from the photos posted.  Another issue I see on the butt-end is that it appears too short.  G and H model buffs received a lengthened "plug" aft of the tail that pushed the overall length out another 40" to accommodate a newer defensive avionics system sometime in the 80's.  

As I went back to the modelcollect Facebook page this morning to look at some of the photos, I see they just recently added boxart for an early G-model as well.  I appreciate their enthusiasm, but I wish they'd slow their roll a bit and get some fundamentals straightened out.

-Ryan

1 hour ago, BN7149 said:

Yeah, they did release some boxart recently for a D model I believe.  I should have clarified in my earlier message that by "tail section" I really meant the aft-fuselage area with the guns, the tail itself looks to be fairly accurate from the photos posted.  Another issue I see on the butt-end is that it appears too short.  G and H model buffs received a lengthened "plug" aft of the tail that pushed the overall length out another 40" to accommodate a newer defensive avionics system sometime in the 80's.  

As I went back to the modelcollect Facebook page this morning to look at some of the photos, I see they just recently added boxart for an early G-model as well.  I appreciate their enthusiasm, but I wish they'd slow their roll a bit and get some fundamentals straightened out.

-Ryan

I knew what you meant, Ryan. The vertical stab is fine, its just that I hope they mixed up gun area parts with the D when they did the test build. The more I look back though it seems they may have just got it wrong BUT,,,,,,,,, maybe I need to slow MY roll until I have my hands on one.......

The original 3D renders had so much promise, how did it get so off course??:dontknow:

The sprue shots seem to show the gun area of a G. A D model would have a little cockpit for the tailgunner back there as on the Monogram kit. Since these are "sprue shots" from the manufacturer(?), they could have shot several versions to test the molds. Maybe. But if they modularized the family, they better have somebody there to direct which sprue goes into which version.

36 minutes ago, Paul Boyer said:

The sprue shots seem to show the gun area of a G. A D model would have a little cockpit for the tailgunner back there as on the Monogram kit. Since these are "sprue shots" from the manufacturer(?), they could have shot several versions to test the molds. Maybe. But if they modularized the family, they better have somebody there to direct which sprue goes into which version.

Like this?

http://img.luckymodel.com/default.aspx?item_no=MC-UA72202

I hope you're right, Paul. I'm hoping its just a mix up.

And why include tomehawk cruise missles, they are only for navy ships. Also am confused on the weapons set he has listed on his site. Shows tomehawks ALCMS, and AGM-129’s which I like, but the box has a depiction of wings deployed on the missles. Not sure why there would be a deployed option.