1 hour ago, engineman said:

I am hoping they can recover , maybe issue some replacement parts for the tail gun and stracklets . Until then it’s on the shelf of doom 

All we can do, boys, is email Model Collect, lobby for a correction and hope for a follow up revision.

I thought I read somewhere that they made some corrections to the B-2 kit and issued a second release? If that’s true then maybe there’s hope?

If the reception is cold or nonexistent then no biggie, we drive on with the AMT kit and Model Collect misses out on a golden opportunity and more importantly thousands of dollars worth of revenue.

From my experience with MC (Model Collect), armour kits, they respond better on Facebook apparently, since I don't do FB cannot say for sure.

I recently e-mailed them about a kit, supposedly according to the boxart a MAN recovery truck. Even found the pic the artist used to do the box, and both clearly show the second vehicle with front wheels off the ground being towed!!!??!!!! My reply was very short; "see the picture." In this pic they showed 3 of their MAN trucks, they put coloured squares around 2 boxes and a 30Kw genny  on the back of the trucks, I was asking about the fifth wheel??? Which a recovery truck does not have; but their kit does????? For those not familiar with trucks the fifth wheel is usually centered on the rear wheels and it is where the king pin from the trailer attaches to the tractor, & rotates on the flat plate, hence wheel.

MC appears to have a plastic dept., an etch dept., an instruction dept., boxart dept., design dept., and none of them talk to each other????? This is based on building some of their armour kits; etch numbers on the instructions but no such number on the etch tree??

So my B-52 arrived today and overall it fits MC and their practices. The tail is wrong, have gone thru a lot of pics to see this, it can be fixed but will take a little work! Yes I know we shouldn't have to do this but, IMHO the tail is a lot more accurate in width than the Italeri one!! I tried to fix that one but gave up!?!?!!!! No strakelets, well not all Gs had 'em, in fact the decals (mine were in the box) depict a Desert Storm bird and they dropped conventional weapons from research I did on the net, hmmm my MC B-2 had a bunch of regular bombs.....

I plan to forge ahead with the kit and do one carrying some Desert Storm era weapons.

OK, Eduard I bought all your MC B-2 etch what are you planning for this bird???

Are the engine nacelles at least sized correctly?

Hoping someone will do a side-by-side comparison with this new MC kit and the old AMT kit.

Edited by habu2
49 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Are the engine nacelles at least sized correctly?

Hoping someone will do a side-by-side comparison with this new MC kit and the old AMT kit.

Yes Habu2, a side by side comparison would be very helpful.

I have a Monogram kit (the one with the X-15) and an AMT B-52H kit in my stash. I can take pics of sprues for comparisons. 

I have no intention of getting the MC kit. 

Edited by habu2
1 hour ago, engineman said:

If they did this correctly it would have been a license to print money . A timeless historic aircraft with so many variations and paint scheme .

I completely agree!

I seems that complaining to MC about it may be akin to *bleeping* up a rope so who can we approach about resin updates? I know Caracal decals is the most approachable company in the market for decal subjects but what about resin companies? Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Hooker169 said:

I completely agree!

I seems that complaining to MC about it may be akin to *bleeping* up a rope so who can we approach about resin updates? I know Caracal decals is the most approachable company in the market for decal subjects but what about resin companies? Any suggestions?

I suspect any resin manufacturer is going to take a wait and see approach in case Modelcollect makes some corrections.

Regards,

Murph

I think its sad though that we even need to go to an aftermarket company to provide us with major corrections to brand new kits in order to make even a fairly accurate representation.  Especially considering the available technology and vast resources for an aircraft like the B-52.

Regards.

Hi gents,

I tried to send few messages to Modelcollect on their pages regarding mainly the strakelest and the wing pylon option and decals and NO LUCK. Was even accused of shouting (capital letters) there by some guy.... oh well.

I hoped for a nice new B-52G. As I am mainly focused on Gulf war, I was disappointed .... For my Gulf war interest, I made a page for B-52G in Gulf war, here it is - Dstorm B-52G in various scales

Some of it will be helpful for other era G kits ... not for H, sorry.

From my point of view, you can build NOTHING from the Modelcollect kit. It is missing either that or this piece to make it correct.

Apart from the obvious D tail, was there ever B-52G with NO strakelets but with ALCM pylons with ALCMs ? I guess it could be just before SALT ?

Thanks. I will try to update that page with new discoveries in the kit, going to look at the sprues ....

P.S. Who does not want to read the whole page regarding the nuances about Gs, here is what you can/can not build from the kit:

VAR 1 - In case you want plane with ALCM missiles loadout:

a) not possible, the kit is missing "wing root extensions". The kit contains ALCM pylons and AGM-86C missiles only

VAR 2 - In case you want conventional loadout with AGM-28 pylons + I-BEAM adapters:

a) not possible, the kit is missing "wing root extensions"
b) the kit does not have AGM-28 pylons + I-BEAM adapters

VAR 3 - In case you want conventional loadout with "stub" pylons + HSAB adapters:

a) buildable from kit as the fuselage does not have "wing root extensions"
b) the kit does not contain "stub" pylons + HSAB adapters
c) the kit does not contain decals for a plane with "stub" pylons

The whole tail section looks wrong for any G or H model as it doesnt have the ribs that were added to both of those versions.

Cutting Edge missed those out of their Monogram conversions. I wonder if either of them actually looked at a G or H model before they made the kits.

Had high hopes in these but it seems those are but meer wreckage now 😞 

Join the mob!!

Engineman, I and others have emailed the top resin companies, such as Baracuda, Lone star Models and Fisher models to name a few, in hopes one or more are interested in marketing an update set.

Hopefully someone bites.

Write an email, can’t hurt!

How much would it cost in resin sets to make something out of the kit? Obviously its a ballpark figure as there's nothing out there but by the time you buy the kit itself and then add on the necessary aftermarket items to make the kit accurate we're probably talking serious coinage. Serious coinage to fix a brand new kit! That's the real issue that I have. This isn't some ancient or older release we're looking to update or make more accurate this is brand new! We shouldn't have to do this. Honestly I'd be freaking livid if I had shelled out for this kit. One reason why I don't preorder. Instead of beating on the AM folks doors to help fix MC's screw up (causing more of our money to be spent) I'd be beating on MC's doors and asking for a refund (fat chance of a refund I know) or a fix...all while rallying the troops to fill MC's inbox or Facebook page with complaints.

An aircraft like the B-52 deserves far better then what MC has produced with the available technology and truckloads of reference materials and experts.

My two cents. Good luck fellas...seriously.

Regards.

Don, definitely it’s frustrating. I totally get it but it is what it is. I figure if we take a comprehensive approach ie; approach MC directly and also resin companies maybe something  positive will come of it.

It’s a brand new modern kit and it shouldn’t suck, I’m sure most would agree with you, and we slso shouldn’t have to do this. But it does and we do, so let’s rally the troops,  press on and see if we can get something done to salvage this kit.

1 hour ago, Don said:

How much would it cost in resin sets to make something out of the kit? Obviously its a ballpark figure as there's nothing out there but by the time you buy the kit itself and then add on the necessary aftermarket items to make the kit accurate we're probably talking serious coinage. Serious coinage to fix a brand new kit! That's the real issue that I have. This isn't some ancient or older release we're looking to update or make more accurate this is brand new! We shouldn't have to do this. Honestly I'd be freaking livid if I had shelled out for this kit. One reason why I don't preorder. Instead of beating on the AM folks doors to help fix MC's screw up (causing more of our money to be spent) I'd be beating on MC's doors and asking for a refund (fat chance of a refund I know) or a fix...all while rallying the troops to fill MC's inbox or Facebook page with complaints.

An aircraft like the B-52 deserves far better then what MC has produced with the available technology and truckloads of reference materials and experts.

My two cents. Good luck fellas...seriously.

Regards.

Yeah thats pretty much what I think about it too.
If you bought it then you pretty much got ripped off. We waited for years for a company to build a decent model of the B-52 and then they come along and make something that when you consider the cost of the kit isnt worth buying.

The B-52H is the title of this thread, the B-52H is the kit that I'm waiting for, but all the comments being left about errors are in regards to the just released G model, am I right? Hopefully they get the H model rel;ease right as I only have room to display one of these kits and the H model is the one I want. Let's hope that MC is seeing comments being left about the G model errors and that there's time to correct any errors in the H before they release it.