Overall molding seems pretty good. Plastic is thick. Attachment points are heavy and will need a lot of clean up. There are some big ejector pin areas sticking up on some parts.

Looks like it might need some sheet stock between the different fuselage sections to add strength and more gluing surface.

Also you can see in the fuselage picture the sink mark in the sensor on the left side of the nose.

They need to take more care packing the wings. Some of the edges and corners have places where they have been bumped causing some bends in the plastic.

Im no expert on B-52’s so I can’t comment on the detail stuff. I know there is stuff that’s not correct. Will wait and see what comes out for it and decide if I want to add anything.

I think I’ll be happy with it when I’m done.

EmSSjut.jpg

T2u2mIz.jpg

WekVBQq.jpg

L9Wtro0.jpg

xgSDlqg.jpg

Mike

Edited by P-38 guy

I don’t want to be negative. There are things missing that don’t allow you to complete the kit as

it should look. As I read the posts it seems MC was as excited about this kit as we were but seems to have

rushed it and maybe the packers needed some training. 

Unfortunately this leaves doubts about what will be in future boxings I hope they

look at this early misstep as a teaching tool for future releases. 

Sorry to hear that P38 guy, seems there is a pattern developing unfortunately.

On the bright side, I’ve been looking but I can’t seem to find it anymore but MC posted on Facebook that they are holding the release of the H kit until the first half of 2019 because they need to “fix some things”. Maybe there is hope they can address some issues (or at least add some QC)

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

Well if I’m gonna build an inaccurate B-52 kit I’ll stick with the AMT kit already in my stash. 

Sadly it seems I'm right there too. I have an 'H' languishing in the stash that's already long bought and paid for. No sense dropping $100+ on what I'm seeing and reading about here.

Bummer...:crying2:

EDIT: Now if they fix the issues for their 'H' as per what "Hooker169" just posted I'd reconsider. But I won't be pre-ordering it that's for sure.

Edited by Don

Its a wait and see for me. If the H is as good as it seems to be...then I'll buy. If it's no better than the AMT offering....I ain't gonna bother....

Honestly...for all its problems...the AMT offering builds up to a really nice looking model. I've got 5 of them....LOL....! The only *real* issues are the wing anhedral and incorrect engines. (Yeah...I know there's more issues...but I'll spare you). But then....its the only game in town for an H.

Oh if Monovell would produce an H!! Their D was pretty dang good.

I like it! I won't preorder it...but if it looks like what's in the photos and once its confirmed view reviews that its o.k then I'll buy one. Lets hope!

Regards,

Don

Overall it looks okay compared to the major issues of the G model.  The spoilers on top of the wing are in the wrong location.  They should sit forward of the outboard flap edge, the pictures show them right up against the flaps.  

They also changed their box art by adding (poorly) some sort of pylon under the wing... looks like they're supposed to be ALCM pylons maybe?  Looks like they have ALCM pylons mounted in the kit so that would make sense.  I thought the early CAD images hinted at the inclusion of the HSAB's along with some some other weapon options.  

-Ryan

I asked on Facebook if the nose will be corrected. He replied yes. I also asked with no reply will the kit have antennas, Lumps and bumps and HSABS, and LITNING/SNIPER with pylon again no reply to those request. Also the gear door seen looks to almost be touching the ground. What’s that about?

Whoa! The tail section looks a lot better! Not perfect....but better. Should be a little longer I think. But the engines look good and the dropped flaps ROCK. If the nose is corrected and they add ALCMS *with* decals I'll buy several. Not kidding. These guys are really trying. I think we should support them...if for no other reason. But really....they're doing pretty dang good.

P.S....one thing I really liked was the ALCMS with decals in the AMT/Italeri versions. I just hope MC follows.....

Edited by pminer
15 hours ago, P-38 guy said:

Update to my missing bottom wings. Free time Hobbies got my missing parts to me today. 👍🏼

Mike

Glad to hear, Mike! Did you happen to see on that same FB thread, MC responded in the affirmative that antennas and lumps and bumps will be included in the H kit!

Also, did I read somewhere a nose job is in the works by MC?

2 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

Glad to hear, Mike! Did you happen to see on that same FB thread, MC responded in the affirmative that antennas and lumps and bumps will be included in the H kit!

Also, did I read somewhere a nose job is in the works by MC?

Yeah I seen that. I would like to see them show the new nose side by side with the original one.

Mike

MC just put some CAD drawings of its corrected "Nose job". Looks promising and I have to admit I'm pretty excited by the response of MC! Hopefully it translates to the plastic!

Edited by Hooker169
37 minutes ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

Yup looks good. Hope he listens to us about the HSABS, and targeting pods. Someone posted some pics of them for MC to see FB. One pick shows an older pylon for early versions. Which would be good for desert storm and Vietnam. Hope MC see’s that.

That was me. Which is which, I'll go back on FB and correct it.

edit; I went back and deleted the AGM-28 pylon I think you were referring to. I don't want to add more confusion, thanks for the heads-up!

Edited by Hooker169
correction