13 minutes ago, Mstor said:

11bee, are you sure that is a "kink"? To me it looks like the wide part of the vert stab is just covering part of the top of the fuselage. You can see it in the new CAD drawing Hooker169 posted above. It is the lighter green part of the vert stab under the dark green part. You can see that it flows down over the top curve of the fuselage making it look as if there is a kink there. I may be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

Hi Mstor.  To be honest, I'm not 100% sure.  I'm definitely not a BUFF expert and you raise a good point.   Would have to see some pics of this area from above to know for sure.   Hope you don't think I'm being overly critical, I'm really impressed with the quality of this kit!  

John

14 minutes ago, Mstor said:

11bee, are you sure that is a "kink"? To me it looks like the wide part of the vert stab is just covering part of the top of the fuselage. You can see it in the new CAD drawing Hooker169 posted above. It is the lighter green part of the vert stab under the dark green part. You can see that it flows down over the top curve of the fuselage making it look as if there is a kink there. I may be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

dVX7kd.jpg

I think @Mstor is right, The vertical stab flares mid cord and follows the crown of the upper fuselage which looks like a "hump".

25 minutes ago, Hooker169 said:

I think @Mstor is right, The vertical stab flares mid cord and follows the crown of the upper fuselage which looks like a "hump".

This is correct. The top of the fuselage is essentially straight. The ‘hump’ is just the intersection of the stab chord and the fuselage, just like at the wing root. 

11 minutes ago, Hooker169 said:

Also, the dog hair gives a good reference for the scale of the panel lines, or maybe its just one of Scott's nose hairs:taunt:

Ah, reminds me of Dale Brown’s unpublished sequel, “Flight of the Old Dog Hair”...  😂 😂 😂

30 minutes ago, Hooker169 said:

3 minutes ago, habu2 said:

This is correct. The top of the fuselage is essentially straight. The ‘hump’ is just the intersection of the stab chord and the fuselage, just like at the wing root. 

I knew you guys would be able to explain it using the proper terms :thumbsup:

51 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Here you go. One B-52G sans tail.

B-52FuselageonrampatK6

I know photos like this are not definitive, but I don't see a kink.

This is the B-52 that is now on display at the Museum of Flight in Seattle.

Totally OT but I believe this B-52 is pretty much the only one on display with a fully accurate cockpit interior.   Looks like they did an amazing job on the SIOP paintwork.   Wish I could get out there to take a closer look at her! 

The B-52D at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force has a complete and accurate cockpit interior. You can place your finger on the image in this link and look around inside. Pretty cool:

https://www.airspacemag.com/panoramas/boeing-b-52d-stratofortress-1-180952062/

I've used it for my 1/72 Monogram 'D'

Regards,

Don

1 hour ago, Don said:

The B-52D at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force has a complete and accurate cockpit interior. You can place your finger on the image in this link and look around inside. Pretty cool:

https://www.airspacemag.com/panoramas/boeing-b-52d-stratofortress-1-180952062/

I've used it for my 1/72 Monogram 'D'

Regards,

Don

Pretty cool.  Wish they had the same thing for the aft cabin, NAV/RNAV hellhole and the gunners compartment.    Especially the gunner’s area.   I’ve yet to find any decent pics that show this entire area in detail.   

Have any of you B-52 fans priced the Eduard photo etch sets for these kits? Looks like you could come close to tripling the cost of the kit (when the kit is included in the cost that is)......I would imagine the scale effect would be pretty amazing if you threw down the coin for them.

Will there be a new box art or some other indication on the box once the 'corrected' G is released? How can I tell if the box I buy contains the corrected parts or the original release that you have to write in and request for the new parts?

TIA

2 hours ago, torchf4 said:

Will there be a new box art or some other indication on the box once the 'corrected' G is released? How can I tell if the box I buy contains the corrected parts or the original release that you have to write in and request for the new parts?

TIA

I don’t remember where I’ve read it, here or FB but MC won’t repop the modern G for several years so everything on the market is uncorrected.

I suspect that when they finally do, it will have at least a different kit number and possibly new box art along with the correct parts. That will make it easy to distinguish the two.

So, for now everything on the market needs the $15 correction set, unless you purchase the Buffmaster resin set at $75.

The G was obviously a rough launch, the H is MUCH better!

5 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

FYI, MC just informed me the G correction set is delayed a bit so they can get the strakelet parts corrected. Their final 3D drawing was flawed so they’re working to get it right.

It's really great that they care!

3 hours ago, fulcrum1 said:

I think this is the buff we’ve been looking for.

Yeah..... I'm going to have to get one of those now! Thanks MC for taking the time to fix you Buff!  I sure hope that what I've heard about you doing a B-1B is correct ;0) Fred K.

Indeed, you are right, thanks for pointing out my error  -  I must stop posting before my morning coffee..........

I do have images of G-models launching with live external munitions from RAF Fairford, but these were taken in 1991 and using iron-bombs.

The B-52s deployed to Fairford in 1999/2003 carrying the LGBs, JDAMs and AGM-142s were H-models, so I will obviously need the new H kit to build one of these.

I think these already had the 20mm canon deleted.......... so was that the latest rear fuselage configuration ?

30 minutes ago, Piker38 said:

Indeed, you are right, thanks for pointing out my error  -  I must stop posting before my morning coffee..........

I do have images of G-models launching with live external munitions from RAF Fairford, but these were taken in 1991 and using iron-bombs.

The B-52s deployed to Fairford in 1999/2003 carrying the LGBs, JDAMs and AGM-142s were H-models, so I will obviously need the new H kit to build one of these.

I think these already had the 20mm canon deleted.......... so was that the latest rear fuselage configuration ?

Can you post those GW images ? Or PM them ? Would like to add them to my Gulf war pages. And btw, not all Hs were AGM-142 Have Nap capable ...