On 12/22/2018 at 2:02 PM, fulcrum1 said:

I think this is the buff we’ve been looking for.

FWIW, there is a modelcollect B-52H almost finished up on the Monogram Models Facebook page. Once painted and weathered it looks quite nice.

david

18 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

How about a conventional G model with harpoons from the 42nd or 43rd BW?

That’s how I’m going to build mine. I’ll leave off the strakelets, and hopefully Caracal will include a 42nd BW jet in his upcoming G/H release. 

I’ll have to source 12 harpoons in 1/72 though:crying:

Edited by Hooker169
spelling

You know, when MC has all of their B-52 kits out on the market we should do an unofficial ARC B-52 group build. Any B-52 kit, any scale, OOB or loaded with AM... as long as its a B-52 it counts. Might be interesting to see how many BUFF's can get built.

Happy New Year all!

Regards,

Don

3 hours ago, Don said:

You know, when MC has all of their B-52 kits out on the market we should do an unofficial ARC B-52 group build. Any B-52 kit, any scale, OOB or loaded with AM... as long as its a B-52 it counts. Might be interesting to see how many BUFF's can get built.

Happy New Year all!

Regards,

Don

Heck ya, I’m in!

A couple questions for the experts here:

1: Does the MC H kit in stores now come with the corrected nose and tail sections?

2. Did the H ever fly in the early SIOP scheme? (White undersides) and did it ever carry conventional munitions or harpoons in that scheme?

Wanna do one in the early SIOP scheme and conventional munitions if possible but not sure to get the H or get the G and spend more on the corrections.

TIA

I have the H it looks pretty good. Still a few areas that could use some attention but they can’t get them all

I think I’ve seen the H in that scheme as far as weapons very limited so you may have to find what you need

elsewhere. The H and G are different but the noses are the same. I would opt for the H cause you could 

build it now the G parts will be sometime soon they say good luck

5 hours ago, torchf4 said:

A couple questions for the experts here:

1: Does the MC H kit in stores now come with the corrected nose and tail sections?

2. Did the H ever fly in the early SIOP scheme? (White undersides) and did it ever carry conventional munitions or harpoons in that scheme?

Wanna do one in the early SIOP scheme and conventional munitions if possible but not sure to get the H or get the G and spend more on the corrections.

TIA

1) Yes, the H in stores has the corrected parts, the G doesn’t and won’t until they re-pop the kit in a couple years.

2) Yes, Cutting Edge made a sheet 

https://www.usaf-sig.org/index.php/references/reviews/118-decal-reviews/12-cutting-edge-ced72213-b-52s-6

But I’m not sure of the weapons load. Loring G’s were Harpoon capable but I’m not sure if the H was at that time.

Edited by Hooker169

Patiently waiting for this to arrive in UK retail stores!

Apologies if this has already been covered, but other than the HSABs, Sniper pod and GBUs, does this model have all the bits for a current H in service - tail gun delete, lumps/bumps etc?

14 minutes ago, Robert key said:

Has anyone heard when MC is going to ship correction set for the G model.

They’re doing the strakelet test shots now. 

If I recall correctly once they come back and are approved the kits can be ready to ship in as little as 30 days. 

Hopefully MC will chime in here.

6 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

What exactly is wrong with the G model kit and what will tge correction set correct on the model

The G kit was released with an overly bulbous nose, missing strakelets and a D tail gun.

There are other smaller issues with the kit, none are perfect, but MC decided to listen and agreed to produce a correction set for the largest issues. New nose, strakelets and Late G tail gun are included.

The strakelets had to be redesigned 3 times which is delaying the production of the set.