6 minutes ago, Robert key said:

What is the purpose of the strakelets on the G model?

It was part of the START treaty to help identify cruise missile capable Buffs. They were added so Soviet spy satellites could differentiate the two from above.

2 hours ago, Robert key said:

What is the purpose of the strakelets on the G model?

Just to amplify on what Hooker said, they were unique to the G model.  The H didn't need them, because all of the H model fleet was assumed for treaty purposes to be cruise missile capable, while only some of the G models were.

Regards,

Murph

8 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

It was part of the START treaty to help identify cruise missile capable Buffs. They were added so Soviet spy satellites could differentiate the two from above.

Actually it was related to the SALT II treaty. Not really part of the treaty but an aircraft mod to be in compliance with the treaty. 

SALT II was ratified in 1979 but I haven’t found a definitive date for the start of the strakelet mod installation. 

Strakelets were also considered for the H model but the ability of Soviet assets to distinguish the difference between G and H engine nacelles was determined to be sufficient. 

Edit: connecting the dots, the strakelets were part of the mod to add ALCM (AGM-86) capability to the G. This mod also included OAS.  By researching dates for ALCM/OAS mods, it looks like the first strakelet Gs probably started (test) flying in 1980, the first two ALCM/OAS modded Gs were delivered to Griffis in August 1981.  The last of the 98 ALCM/OAS modded Gs were delivered in August 1986. 

Edited by habu2

Here they are fitted to the G boxing. The fit looks pretty good.

I asked MC about the air scoop on the outboard leading edge missing and he mentioned it was a limitation of the molds, he didn’t elaborate.

I surmise that due to how thin the parts are in that area that may be flash or short shots were problematic, just guessing really.

Either way it shouldn’t be hard to cut out the inlet.

Edit; looking at references again and it looks like the scoop actually may fall outside the strakelet. So once its blended in the opening would be cut out on the wing leading edge.

8EWsvJ.jpg

Edited by Hooker169
Spelling
1 hour ago, dehowie said:

Have modelcollect decided on how to distribute the G correction sets?

Im wondering if its worth getting a G then to correction or if they are going to sell a revised G boxing?

we will send replacement part to our seller, if modeler need direct ship from China, its need 15USD,  its include all replacement parts and a free missile pack.

On 8/25/2018 at 12:24 PM, ChesshireCat said:

The forum software won't let me delete this quoted text box that I didn't click for. Help! I'm trapped in a fortune cookie factory!

The replacement parts set and missiles were linked to one page earlier.

AGM-86 x 4

AGM-109 x 3

AGM-129 x 3

Edited by Tracy White
typo
21 hours ago, modelcollect said:

we will send replacement part to our seller, if modeler need direct ship from China, its need 15USD,  its include all replacement parts and a free missile pack.

Awesome thanks. If we order directly from you how do we get you the 15USD?

Paypal off the website?

Sounds good glad you are going to ship replacements.

On 12/29/2018 at 3:37 AM, Hooker169 said:

That’s how I’m going to build mine. I’ll leave off the strakelets, and hopefully Caracal will include a 42nd BW jet in his upcoming G/H release. 

I’ll have to source 12 harpoons in 1/72 though:crying:

Hooker,

PM me on the 1/72 Harpoons, I may have a few to spare you. Pylons are going to need scratch building, tho.  If Kursad includes the 97th "Miss Piggy" G on his sheet, I'll build that one, as I already plan on building a 42nd G with Harpoons in 1/144 by swapping Revell armaments load from H to G.  Thanks for working so closely with ModelCollect to fix the G into a decent kit.

R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch
20 minutes ago, Piker38 said:

I measure them as c26.5mm high.

Thanks.

Current official USAF Global Strike Command documentation (AFGSCI 21-105)  dictates that the two-letter base code letters on B-52 aircraft to be 42 (forty two) inches high.  This is what I used when I designed the Caracal Models B-52H decal sheet , which incidentally includes markings for this same aircraft. Based on photographic interpretation, this value has been the same since the introduction of these markings.

42" / 72 =  0.583 "    

0.583 x 25.4 = 14.8mm (approx)

The markings on the kit decal sheet are almost comically large.  Zeus knows what else is wrong with them - I will hold judgment until I have the kit in my hand. In the meantime, you know where to get accurate decals for the kit.

Edited by KursadA
9 minutes ago, KursadA said:

Thanks.

Current official USAF Global Strike Command documentation (AFGSCI 21-105)  dictates that the two-letter base code letters on B-52 aircraft to be 42 (forty two) inches high.  This is what I used when I designed the Caracal Models B-52H decal sheet , which incidentally includes markings for this same aircraft. Based on photographic interpretation, this value has been the same since the introduction of these markings.

42" / 72 =  0.583 "    

The markings on the kit decal sheet are almost comically large.  Zeus knows what else is wrong with them - I will hold judgment until I have the kit in my hand. In the meantime, you know where to get accurate decals for the kit.

I planned a head and already have your set. 🙂

Mike

2 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

They have ACES II seats for the pilot and copilot.  Must be some upgrade program I never heard of.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph
2 hours ago, KursadA said:

Thanks.

42" / 72 =  0.583 "    

I have your decals as well and all and any B-52 decals I could get my hands on. Hoping you do a lot of the 410 decals that are on your B-52 thread. 

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:55 PM, adamitri said:

How will modellers know the difference between the kits already released and the re-release ? 

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:02 PM, KursadA said:

Thanks.

42" / 72 =  0.583 "    

Speaking of your decals....how's the new CD 72077 sheet coming?