On 3/3/2019 at 3:00 PM, ElectroSoldier said:

Doesnt that conversion have some pretty big problems of its own?

From memory it doesnt have the rear fuselage bracing to properly convert the monogram kits to a H model

Yep the CE H conversion is a complete waste of time. The engines are WAY undersize and i mean way.

You are better off to go with Lone Stars H engines Mike got them spot on for size and they are easy to put together.

The G might be better but the H option from CE is a waste of time..

Thanks for sharing this Li @modelcollect.

The bottom two tails are obviously the H tail and the revised G tail but the top two are new.

The early G is being released currently and the early H is slated for release soon thereafter. Both will be released without weapons but weapons sets will be offered at a later date.

d0cpxJ.jpg

On 3/10/2019 at 6:52 AM, Hooker169 said:

Thanks for sharing this Li @modelcollect.

The bottom two tails are obviously the H tail and the revised G tail but the top two are new.

The early G is being released currently and the early H is slated for release soon thereafter. Both will be released without weapons but weapons sets will be offered at a later date.

d0cpxJ.jpg

Black Dog has just released a whole slew of US nuclear weapons (Mk.17, Mk.36, Mk.39, Mk.41, Mk.53), AGM-28 Hound Dog, & ADM-20 Quail in 1/72.  They look very enticing!

On 3/14/2019 at 7:16 AM, Dutch said:

Black Dog has just released a whole slew of US nuclear weapons (Mk.17, Mk.36, Mk.39, Mk.41, Mk.53), AGM-28 Hound Dog, & ADM-20 Quail in 1/72.  They look very enticing!

Those Black Dog items look great, I really like that handling gear is included.  I'm curious if decals are included, especially for the Quail.

Got my order in for the G corrections; I'm also curious how well the MC strakelets will fit the Revellogram D kit; I have an in-progress G project using the Flightpath set with the EVS nose, external tanks, & engines, which limits my choice of era & markings somewhat unless the strakelets are usable.

Jonah

Edited by Gator52
1 hour ago, Gator52 said:

Those Black Dog items look great, I really like that handling gear is included.  I'm curious if decals are included, especially for the Quail.

No decals or instructions for the gravity bombs; I'm not sure about the Hound Dog and Quail.

Regards,

Murph

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:18 PM, Murph said:

No decals or instructions for the gravity bombs; I'm not sure about the Hound Dog and Quail.

Regards,

Murph

If they are not included maybe Mark from WolfPak Decals will make some.

On 3/18/2019 at 4:23 PM, RCarlson said:

If they are not included maybe Mark from WolfPak Decals will make some.

Sounds like a good idea...I received Mark’s cruise missile markings today and they look quite nice!  I especially like that the radar altimeter antennas are represented for the underside of the AGM-86s. 

Jonah

I received my H kit this week, and overall it's better than I was expecting, I think with a bit of help from the aftermarket it will be a nice model.

The biggest things that jumped out at me are shape/size of the external fuel tanks and the missing panel line between the radome and the forward fuselage, it's molded as though the radome is not a separate component on the real thing.  With my limited scribing experience, I'm not real confident in my ability to scribe it neatly.

Overall the surface detail is pretty good in my opinion; the panel lines may be a bit heavy, but they are more restrained than I'd been expecting after seeing a few reviews.

I think the biggest question in my mind right now is the overall strength of the model; specifically joining the 4 fuselage sections on each side and joining the main landing gear struts to the primary structure, care will need to be taken to get as strong a bond as possible.

The AGM-129s and TF-33s look pretty good on the sprue.

I think my top 2 requests for the resin folks are replacement P/CP seats and external fuel tanks.

I look forward to seeing how it goes together!

Jonah

Completely unsolicited announcement:  ( I am not affiliated with SprueBrothers)  

SprueBrothers is having a 20% sale on Eduard BIG sets, so i just ordered EDUBIG72144 B-52G Modelcollect part 1 for $46, minus $9.20 with $9.00 shipping.  So, essentially free shipping. This set includes the masks, cockpit placards, and engine detail, which is all i need.  EDUBIG72145 B-52G Modelcollect Part 2 goes for $152 and includes bomb bay, wheel wells, and flaps.  So 20% off equals $121.60, almost $30 off. Both together go for $198 regularly, but on sale for $158.40 plus shipping.  This is a great opportunity.  R/ Dutch 

21 hours ago, Gator52 said:

I look forward to seeing how it goes together!

Might there be an “in progress” thread in our future.........?

I'm almost through building it. Since all of my comments are destined for an article in an upcoming FSM book (and a kit review), I won't go further than to say there are a LOT of inaccuracies, build problems, size problems, sins of omission, sins of commission . . . . I'll post a photo of my slightly improved model soon. The aftermarket companies should stock up on raw material.

6 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

Might there be an “in progress” thread in our future.........?

Eventually...Not sure how soon I’ll get going, I’d like to see what the aftermarket offers before I get too far along. 

Looking forward to to seeing your model & hearing your thoughts Paul. 

Jonah

I agree with you I got mine at the nationals in August. Took a while for MC to acknowledge their mistakes 

now mid March I see them producing other kits but no update yet. They’ve got our money and we’ve got 

an unusable parts bag. MC finish the job you owe us that

Robert I hope you're not a doctor.....

Look, if accuracy is a concern of yours then don't do pre-orders - wait until someone else has one and does a review. Caveat emptor. Companies can put out crap and survive because suckers support them. Hopefully both sides learn from this and they produce better product and we learn to wait a bit before parting with our money.

I guess I learned that lesson too late for this particular deal and I’m sure that you know that these guys are producing just what they have orders for as a rule and  sometimes you have to take a shot in the dark but that doesn’t excuse sloppy research and you don’t do that kind of money putting out stuff that isn’t done right. Iguess I learned that lesson too late for this particular deal and I’m sure that you know that these guys are producing just what they have orders for as a rule and  sometimes you have to take a shot in the dark but that doesn’t excuse sloppy research and you shouldnt.put out stuff that isn’t well researched especially an icnionic aircraft like the B-52. Well 2020 hindsight you know but I will be more cautious in the future 

1 hour ago, DUNEDEVIL said:

I guess I learned that lesson too late for this particular deal and I’m sure that you know that these guys are producing just what they have orders for as a rule and  sometimes you have to take a shot in the dark but that doesn’t excuse sloppy research and you don’t do that kind of money putting out stuff that isn’t done right. Iguess I learned that lesson too late for this particular deal and I’m sure that you know that these guys are producing just what they have orders for as a rule and  sometimes you have to take a shot in the dark but that doesn’t excuse sloppy research and you shouldnt.put out stuff that isn’t well researched especially an icnionic aircraft like the B-52. Well 2020 hindsight you know but I will be more cautious in the future 

Is the kit that bad?

I've got 2 of these things. (MC) I'm happy as a lark. Yeah there's errors and inaccuracies...but it's a beautiful showpiece once done. Frankly, I get tired of all the negative talk. Most people are not rivet counters. Its a fun hobby anyhow. Plus...MC has been fabulous in their response to us. Their next attempt at aircraft will be better no doubt.

Same with the AMT offering. With some modeling skill it turns out amazing. I'm not unhappy with either offering...but then it'd be nice to see more accurate offerings in the future. And the correction kits released. Heck...I'm just glad to have any 72nd B-52 models.