Here's my finished MC B-52H. I used the Caracal sheet instead of the kit decals. Added antennas, pitots, beacons, etc. In my FSM review, I'll point out all the errors I (and others) have found. The article in the FSM book coming later will go into detail on some of the fixes and additions that I made. Some problems can't be solved out of the box, so I'm counting on the aftermarket folks. To the non-obsessive folks, this looks just fine:

B-52Hweb1_zps3ve68xi2.jpg

B-52Hweb2_zpstz333vgv.jpg

B-52Hweb3_zpsdjgqufsm.jpg

25 minutes ago, Paul Boyer said:

Here's my finished MC B-52H. I used the Caracal sheet instead of the kit decals. Added antennas, pitots, beacons, etc. In my FSM review, I'll point out all the errors I (and others) have found. The article in the FSM book coming later will go into detail on some of the fixes and additions that I made. Some problems can't be solved out of the box, so I'm counting on the aftermarket folks. To the non-obsessive folks, this looks just fine:

B-52Hweb1_zps3ve68xi2.jpg

B-52Hweb2_zpstz333vgv.jpg

B-52Hweb3_zpsdjgqufsm.jpg

Looks great!!!

1 hour ago, B.Sin said:

Is the kit that bad?

My remarks were ‘directed to the B-52G and my frustration of still waiting for the updates. And in future I will let someone else be first and I’ll read a review and make my decision. I appreciate MC making the effort I just need to be more aware

11 hours ago, Robert key said:

I agree it has been a real mess.now i wonder how long till we get get the correction set? I order the very first preorder B-52G and i am still waiting build it ! No more patients left. And no more excuses!

As of this morning MC is working on the G correction set packaging. He said it caused a delay but wouldn’t elaborate.

I completely understand the frustration but at least we’re headed in the right direction.... 

Quite simply the MC B-52H is the very best available B-52H ever done in any scale and far better than any of the resin bashing options by some margin.

Very glad to finally have a decent H to start from.

Its only taken 50 years..lol..

Well done MC...

11 hours ago, dehowie said:

Quite simply the MC B-52H is the very best available B-52H ever done in any scale and far better than any of the resin bashing options by some margin.

Very glad to finally have a decent H to start from.

Its only taken 50 years..lol..

Well done MC...

Yep....I'm with dehowie. It definitely is the best we've ever had.....but like Paul B. says...not particularly the "very best". Yes...there's issues with it. So what? That's true with even the best engineered kits. But the MC-H builds up to an amazing showpiece.

Apparently creating a BUFF kit is a lot harder than it seems. I'm sticking up for MC because they've stuck up for us. Listened to us...changed things...offered fixes...even some free stuff. I'm willing to give them grace.They've got my business forever. (assuming things don't radically change).

It's called Gratitude.

Edited by pminer

Mr Boyer ;  I am admiring the kit that you built and I noticed you had antennas on there and wondered if you had made them from scratch or if you had taken them from another kit or accessory pack you might’ve had are you able to comment on that or do we have to wait for the article thank you Ken

Edited by DUNEDEVIL
On 3/26/2019 at 11:43 PM, Paul Boyer said:

While the AMT kit had its problems, the new MC kit has plenty of its own. After building both over the years, I'd hesitate to use the term "very best" about either.

As for the debacle that the AMT is i’ll take the MC kit every day of the week and three times on Sunday.

I sense a MC rip apart review coming on...

6 hours ago, dehowie said:

As for the debacle that the AMT is i’ll take the MC kit every day of the week and three times on Sunday.

Based on what?  Have you built both kits?

Dunedevil, the kit review should be in the July 2019 issue which would come out in late May. A more detailed article on some of the fixes will appear in an FSM book coming out later this year (I think).

Dehowie, the review will be a critical one and will point out inaccuracies as well as pitfalls the builder may encounter. Some of the inaccuracies are unfixable out of the box. Some of the omissions can be added by moderately skilled modelers. You can choose to overlook the troubles if you like, but at least you'll be informed.

Edited by Paul Boyer
12 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

I scratched 'em. There's a quartet of little antennas in the kit that (I think) are supposed to go on the belly forward of the gear bays, but the instructions don't show them. Lots of problems.

Now I see they added those antennae’s, but they are 4 short. I think there should 8 total. I don’t know for some reason those antennae’s really stand out when I see BUFFS, and was disappointed when I did not see them in this kit. Now we see them, but they are not enough. Really need some aftermarket person to hammer out an antennae set for this model. Just not BUFF Masters design, his stuff is complete junk.

Yeah, there's another four that are almost flush. Lots of others missing: those "elephant ear" jobbies on the lower aft fuselage, the "Christmas tree" thingies, the large dome antenna over the wing, the GPS disc, two other "flying saucers" on the rear fuselage, those six pitot-looking things on the nose . . . the list goes on. I added the most obvious ones.

I don’t recall seeing any antennas or other small external details in the Eduard sets that have been released so far, seems a bit surprising. I’d rather have a relatively small external detail set than the expansive PE flap & bomb bay sets. 

Jonah

18 minutes ago, Paul Boyer said:

Yeah, there's another four that are almost flush. Lots of others missing: those "elephant ear" jobbies on the lower aft fuselage, the "Christmas tree" thingies, the large dome antenna over the wing, the GPS disc, two other "flying saucers" on the rear fuselage, those six pitot-looking things on the nose . . . the list goes on. I added the most obvious ones.

Also antennae placement will have to be decided by what time frame the model is being built to represent.