Well tracking has revealed my correction package has 'reached the place of arrival', which means it could soon reach 'the place of my front door'!!?!! So that means it could be in Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal??????

It just arrived at 'the place of my front door', well driveway, as I was outside when it arrived!

What do you get;  new nose; new tail ( short version I think???), strakelets and bits (didn't look hard at them), flaps with tracks attached and as advertised the cruise missile weapons set!!!

Time to build a BUFF!!!!

7 minutes ago, Flyboyf18 said:

It just arrived at 'the place of my front door', well driveway, as I was outside when it arrived!

What do you get;  new nose; new tail ( short version I think???), strakelets and bits (didn't look hard at them), flaps with tracks attached and as advertised the cruise missile weapons set!!!

Time to build a BUFF!!!!

Well that is great news for you Graham. I just saw this kit recently here in Alberta, but that $179 price tag did not make me bite. Only saw box.

I have one Monogram and one AMT kit so I think I am fine.

OK, just for fun dry fit the fuses and compare the stern parts to each other!! You may change your mind about the non-Monogram kit!!??

If you scout around the vapour world you will find a better price for the MoC kit(s)......

5 hours ago, Flyboyf18 said:

OK, just for fun dry fit the fuses and compare the stern parts to each other!! You may change your mind about the non-Monogram kit!!??

If you scout around the vapour world you will find a better price for the MoC kit(s)......

Are you talking about the Monogram kit? As you know not really my scale so not too fussy with the small details. 

If you compare the two; at the gun end, there is a marked difference in width, with Monogram being correct. I base that on measurements and common sense, since a company doesn't change the build jigs just because no one is sitting back there!!?!

Thanks. I got the AMT kit cheap cheap as it was already started. In fact the fuselage halves were already put together. May donate it to the club so someone else can fight with it. As I said will probably only ever build 1. Maybe I could get the 1/144 version and might build more of those when Kursad scales down his sheet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 11:46 AM, Flyboyf18 said:

Time to build a BUFF!!!!

Got my correction set today, but no flaps.  Just new nose, tail and turret, Strakelets, and the cruise missile set.

8 minutes ago, P-38 guy said:

Last updates I got were on 7/5 and 7/16 with same message. "Processed Through Facility
BEIJING, CHINA"

Dave did it come by boat or air?

Mike

Air, I guess.  The post label says “Small Packet BY AIR”.

I had “Processed Through Facility BEIJING CHINA” 6/26, 7/5, and 7/12.

“Process Through Facility ISC NEW YORK NY (USPS)”  7/16

A couple of days in transit in the US and then delivered 7/20

Dave 

I’m there with you mine was sent out 6/24 still nothing.

as of 7/19 the package has gone thru Beijing 3 or 4 times here’s hoping

we get our stuff. Try and keep the faith. Ken O

Edited by DUNEDEVIL
Wrong date
53 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Guess I got shafted, then.

Might have just been an oversight - mine was definitely now packed with retail intent in mind and it's very possible they just missed a box when assembling everything. Might be worth dropping them a line...

Received my B-52G update set, along with the cruise missile set this past Saturday!  I'm excited about this kit now, and I've been waiting to begin on this kit!

David

Edited by Djack

I received notification on 20 Jun 2019 that my two B-52G update sets have shipped. These were separate orders, one made in April, one made in early June. Nothing received yet. When I click on the "order details" link in the email, I'm taken to the Modelcollect login page, where it will not allow me to login. However, if I go the Modelcollect website itself, I can successfully login, but when I check order history, no orders are shown. I've contacted Modelcollect, but have thus far not gotten a response.

Has anyone experienced anything similar, and if so, did you find a resolution?

Thanks for any input,

jp

Forgive me for not looking because my internet is slow out here. Does the H come with the corrected parts and what boxing of the G has the corrected pieces...or do we have to buy the front part separately? Thanks

18 hours ago, fulcrum1 said:

Forgive me for not looking because my internet is slow out here. Does the H come with the corrected parts and what boxing of the G has the corrected pieces...or do we have to buy the front part separately? Thanks

All H kits have the corrected nose and flaps. Unfortunately all G kits produced require the correction set ordered separately. The set is free but you’ll have to foot the tab for shipping direct from Modelcollect.