7 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

All H kits have the corrected nose and flaps. Unfortunately all G kits produced require the correction set ordered separately. The set is free but you’ll have to foot the tab for shipping direct from Modelcollect.

Unfortunately, not all of the correction kits come with the flaps.  Mine didn’t, and the description of the set on their set where you order it doesn’t mention flaps.

My B-52G correction set arrived today.  Even had to sign for it. Woohoo!

Then I opened the crumpled box.  Everything is there alright; new nose, new tail, straklets, ALCM set with PE and box, AND flaps. But, you guessed it; 7 of 8 flap tracks were snapped at the flap edge or in the middle. A little disappointing,  but not insurmountable.  Heck, just the fact that MC went out of their way to make the correction and send them out, plus add the missiles is very commendable.  Missing some details on the missiles,  i can live with. 

I say, keep them coming!

On 8/5/2019 at 6:51 PM, adamitri said:

I wonder whats up with all the smashed boxes ?

I think Nigel has a posting on youtube unboxing one of them, it seems they weren't packaged well for the international deliveries because postal workers like to play various sports with them. If you have anything missing or too damaged as Modelcollect will address (again got this from Nigels Youtube channel). Not that I am plugging him, he does mention ARC quite often.

Anyone waiting for the D or F models? I kind of want a Vietnam build, and as I have the H model already I'd like the different tail, but not sure if the D carries any Vietnam decals within the box (probably not too hard to source decals separately though?). I think the F will be the last produced judging from ModelCollects messages.

A

It remains to be seen, but it will be difficult for Modelcollect to better the 51-year-old Monogram B-52D kit as far as accuracy and buildability go. Modelcollect gives you more interior detail, true, but you won't see most of it. And, if the B-52H model is an example, you won't want to see it. 

2 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

It remains to be seen, but it will be difficult for Modelcollect to better the 51-year-old Monogram B-52D kit as far as accuracy and buildability go. Modelcollect gives you more interior detail, true, but you won't see most of it. And, if the B-52H model is an example, you won't want to see it. 

MC has already said the D will be a completely retooled kit.

On 8/5/2019 at 5:38 PM, P-38 guy said:

Mine was delivered today in a smashed box. The contents were in good shape. There was some white stress marks on the flap tracks for the smaller set but none were broke.

So good to go.

Mike

Mine arrived yesterday and like many others the box was pancaked but a quick look would suggest no significant damage to the parts.

Tom

On 8/7/2019 at 3:33 PM, LoganTLR said:

Mine arrived yesterday and like many others the box was pancaked but a quick look would suggest no significant damage to the parts.

Tom

Would you explain,  please, how you ordered your correction set. I bought my B-52G from HLJ. On Modelcollect site it is mentioned for 15 $, is it shipment cost? 

2 hours ago, Onetogo said:

Would you explain,  please, how you ordered your correction set. I bought my B-52G from HLJ. On Modelcollect site it is mentioned for 15 $, is it shipment cost? 

Yeah they charge $15 to cover shipping cost and they give you the missile set as a bonus.

Mike

2 hours ago, Onetogo said:

Hi

I would say yes, it is for the shipping cost. Or you are paying $15 for the parts w/free shipping.  I guess it depends on  your POV.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a number of sink marks on their replacement fwd fuselage sections?

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I received my Airwaves B-52G/H wingtip tanks in the mail yesterday from Hannants.  They are nice!  The pylon LE & TE are accurate and the tank is slender when compared to the bulbuous MC tank.  Highly recommended! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2019 at 1:25 PM, Dutch said:

I received my Airwaves B-52G/H wingtip tanks in the mail yesterday from Hannants.  They are nice!  The pylon LE & TE are accurate and the tank is slender when compared to the bulbuous MC tank.  Highly recommended! 

Hi Dutch,

Can you please tell me the diameter and length of those tanks please.

It may be worth saying here that I am currently making some upgrades for the MC 'G' kit, which will also be applicable to the 'H' kit. See my video here..   to see some progress..

Nigel, 

I measured the Airwaves AES72037 B-52G/H wingtip tanks with my calipers, as you requested.

The tanks themselves are exactly 4 1/4 inches long, nose to tip. 

The tank diameter is fairly constant (i.e cylindrical) and is 1/2 inches for the greater length of the tank.

The pylon upper length (i.e. the edge you glue to the wing) is 2 17/32 inches long (straight line distance, as the pylon curves to follow the underside of the wing).  

The pylon lower length (i.e. the edge molded to the tank) is 2 1/4 inches long (straight line distance, as the pylon curves slightly to follow the tank). 

The simple diagram make no mention of measuring how far from the wingtip you mount the tanks.  It tells you to fill the holes for the D tanks on the Monogram model .  I don't suppose that it matters as we will be using them on the MC kit and can glue them in the same position as the kit parts. 

HTH,

Dutch

Edited by Dutch

FWIW, the Cutting Edge tanks measure up as follows:

2v2EdfVFNxfzdhW.jpg

L.O.A. for the tank only is 3-5/8" exactly.  This makes the tank a scale 21 ft. 6 inches LOA.

Pylon straight lines lengths  (A-B and C-D) are exactly the same at 2-1/8"

Tank diameter at front arrow is 15/32", tapering to 15/64" diameter at the rear arrow.

I have no idea which set is correct...

Ed

7 hours ago, Dutch said:

Nigel, 

I measured the Airwaves AES72037 B-52G/H wingtip tanks with my calipers, as you requested.

The tanks themselves are exactly 4 1/4 inches long, nose to tip. 

The tank diameter is fairly constant (i.e cylindrical) and is 1/2 inches for the greater length of the tank.

The pylon upper length (i.e. the edge you glue to the wing) is 2 17/32 inches long (straight line distance, as the pylon curves to follow the underside of the wing).  

The pylon lower length (i.e. the edge molded to the tank) is 2 1/4 inches long (straight line distance, as the pylon curves slightly to follow the tank). 

The simple diagram make no mention of measuring how far from the wingtip you mount the tanks.  It tells you to fill the holes for the D tanks on the Monogram model .  I don't suppose that it matters as we will be using them on the MC kit and can glue them in the same position as the kit parts. 

HTH,

Dutch

Thanks Dutch. 

Very valuable information. I am considering making some because i note there is detail on the outer surface that appears to be missing on the Airwaves set up??

I will check the MC position as the engine mounts are different to the Revell/Monogram kit. I realise the G/H had a new wing, (wet), but am unsure if this altered the engine mount position?

Nige

4 hours ago, TheRealMrEd said:

FWIW, the Cutting Edge tanks measure up as follows:

2v2EdfVFNxfzdhW.jpg

L.O.A. for the tank only is 3-5/8" exactly.  This makes the tank a scale 21 ft. 6 inches LOA.

Pylon straight lines lengths  (A-B and C-D) are exactly the same at 2-1/8"

Tank diameter at front arrow is 15/32", tapering to 15/64" diameter at the rear arrow.

I have no idea which set is correct...

Ed

Thanks for this Ed,

so... we have a cat amongst our pigeons then..