Nigel,

A couple of comments.  These are not criticism, just my eyeball interpretation.  After looking at tens of B-52G/H noses with EVS, I think MC got it pretty close.  Having said that, the overall shape of their nose profile is wrong.  It is too shallow(?), perhaps.  Not sure how to describe the shape difference.  However, the general side outline of the EVS is pretty good.  Additionally, they do not widen at the front, as you have portrayed.  They have a fairly constant cross sectional width, just bevelled to contour to the underside of the radome.   

EVS_001.JPG.83095e0afed512fa12eb8e64e52ed9c1.JPG

Edited by Dutch

Nigel, Lastly, your tanks & pylons look good.  You are correct in that the DB / Airwaves pylons TE is a little too "raked," as you put it.  And they are also too long.  I have requested from Boeing the actual dimensions of the B-52G/H wing tank.  Awaiting a response.  In the meantime, I have asked a couple of BUFFicianados (is that a word?) here on ARC and SCM.  Will see what trickles out.  Your tanks nose profile may be a little too pointed.  It should be a little more rounded.  I applaud your efforts to "accurize" the MC kit.  That and an accurate antennae fit is desparately needed.

b52_8.jpg.5fb818ebf9ffb2a416aa65e5e4e401c8.jpg

Hi Dutch

I agree 100% on my EVS profile. I have now narrowed it and extended the front. It looks much more like the pic you have shown now, I'll get some pics up later on. The ECM blisters are still on my undecided pile. I'll see how they look when the EVS is correct.

As for the tanks and pylons, thanks for your input. I feel the photo does not correctly p[ortray the form of the tanks, they look too fat. Anyway, i am actually pouring the mould as I write, so it's too late now. i actually held the tank over a side on profile and eyed it up, much like one uses a shadowgraph. To my eye the form is spot on.

I really do appreciate your input here mate. Thank you very much.

4 hours ago, Dutch said:

Nigel,

A couple of comments.  These are not criticism, just my eyeball interpretation.  After looking at tens of B-52G/H noses with EVS, I think MC got it pretty close.  Having said that, the overall shape of their nose profile is wrong.  It is too shallow(?), perhaps.  Not sur ehwo to describe the shape difference.  However, the general side outline of the EVS is pretty good.  Additionally, they do not widen at the front, as you have portrayed.  They have a fairly constant cross sectional width, just bevelled to contour to the underside of the radome.   

EVS_001.JPG.83095e0afed512fa12eb8e64e52ed9c1.JPG

Just been looking at the MC parts and your pic. I think the MC EVS parts are way off. The round moving part is too short and there is not enough "meat" around it. What do you think?

Yes, I am frustrated by the photo limitations as well.  I find, that once I load one, two, or three  photos, I have to save and exit the post (i.e navigate to another page) before returning to re-open and add additional photos, as in your case when receiving the size limit warning. 

Anyway, your parts are definitely looking  superb now.  Are you going to work your magic on the ECM blister on top of the radome also?   

14 hours ago, MoFo said:

FYI: HLJ is blowing out the Modelcollect B-52G for $50. https://hlj.com/1-72-scale-b-52g-u-s-a-f-stratofortress-strategic-bomber-molmodua72202

What's the current status of the kit for accuracy/re-tooling?

@MoFo

Get it!  Check it when it arrives to see if it includes the nose & tail corrrections plus strakelets.  If not, then go to the Modelcollect website and order the nose/tail corrections and strakelets for free plus ~$15 postage.  You're still probably better off than the AMT/ERTL or Italeri releases.  That's about half of what I paid!  In this case it pays to wait.

R/ Dutch

On 9/17/2019 at 2:18 PM, Nigelr32 said:

And another. This site is not easy to use with it's picture limits. This one is 33kb, and I have another at 24.9 and i can't load both because I cant go over 1mb????? I make it 57.9kb??

IMG_6944.JPG

Nigel - You're doing the Lord's work (in His One True Scale) to hash out the revised mods the "hard way," many thanks for your effort.

Concerning the EVS chin pods, I suspect that in addition to the usual perils of photography not giving a true 3D representation, you may also be having diifficulty because of the base model's nose profile being "off" from the real deal.

From the latest photos, one thing that stands out right away to me is the relative depth of the upper fairing and the optical turret.  Using the Mk.1 Mod 0. Pave Eyeball, it appears that on the genuine article the top line of the turret is just about midway between the overall top and bottom edges of the chin fairing. It looks like your lower section is deeper than the top half, but I think this may be partly due to the base radome not following an accurate shape.  Wish I could offer more specific input but once again all your effort is admirable!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys.. I have bad news I'm afraid. 

Due to the lack of interest and the numerous errors in the kit I have given up. I have made wing tanks but have given up on the nose. As mentioned by Quixote74 it is apparent that the nose shape is off. It is too "pointy" following the first attempt which was too "stubby".

I actually believe the best option is to go for the Buff designs stuff as I am burnt out and have wasted literally hours trying to get this done.

Edited by Nigelr32

Last I checked, Eduard had produced extensive PE for the interior, wheel wells, flap wells, & bomb bay, but I haven’t seen anything from them for the exterior. I would trade all of the above PE for a decent exterior correction/detail set. 

Jonah

I have actually approached Eduard about making an exterior set to include spoilers, antennae and vortex generators. I offered help with research and scaling etc.. they didnt seem too interested. Maybe the sets they've made already have flopped?? 

I have actually approached Eduard about making an exterior set to include spoilers, antennae and vortex generators. I offered help with research and scaling etc.. they didnt seem too interested. Maybe the sets they've made already have flopped?? 

Nigel have you tried contacting ResKit, about doing the updates?

• 2 months later...

Saw a thing with regards to the seats, if you use the NAV and Radar Nav seats from the "ground floor" as you won't see them anyway... They have the correct headrest shape and just may need a little work on Ejection triggers and arm rests. I'm wanting a G or H in SIOP Camo for sure, and that may be the ONLY part visible through the windows...

Cheers

H.

On 10/20/2019 at 8:12 PM, Nigelr32 said:

Hardly surprising really the way the IP laws work these days.

It would be rare to see a company produce something that is not based on their IP.