There goes a couple hundred bucks. Great news indeed.

Yep....I'm all over it. I don't even really care how "perfect" it is....or not. Just love the plane. Worked on them in the Air Force. And by the way...I like the AMT/Ertl/Italeri kit(s)too. If you model them right...they make a fantastic G or H. Love the Monogram D too! Great News!

Fingers crossed!

Hopefully unlike everything which has come before the engines are at least close to correct size, the wing looks good and the fuse looks like one flying.

Still hoping for a Great Wall Buff in 144 family but will definitely be into one of these...

Gotta love the Buff!

Fingers crossed!

Hopefully unlike everything which has come before the engines are at least close to correct size, the wing looks good and the fuse looks like one flying.

Still hoping for a Great Wall Buff in 144 family but will definitely be into one of these...

Gotta love the Buff!

Have you seen the plastic?

I have seen some 1/72 scale armor kits by Modelcollect. Judging by the design and molding quality of these kits, I would say they can pull it off. I am looking forward to seeing more information and CAD images.

Edited by KursadA

Hey this is really interesting! If this kit proves to be even slightly better then the AMT/Ertl kit then I am in for one or two.

:cheers:

Have you seen the plastic?

No mate when I say the wing looks good I mean it "looks good" on the model not I have seen it and it looks good.

I'd be happy with no bomb bay no over engineered fiddly drams.

Just mold the fuse in three parts wing section Center..nose region to allow early or late...tail again early and late plus short or long fin and with it without gun..

Get the engines on the H and G the right size and a slide in wing structure not a flush fit for strength and possible transport.

Get the basics right is what we all want.

Leave the rest to aftermarket..

Edited by dehowie
  • 6 months later...

Okay, a little reality check here!  Last post was July 2016.  Has anyone purchased this kit?  Has anyone received this kit yet?

I just checked the Modelcollect website and the B-52H (UA72200) is priced at $99.99 and availability is listed as: "Out of stock."  The B-2 (UA72201) is priced at $149.99 with Qty: 56 in stock for "pre-order."  The B-52G (UA72202) is priced at $119.99 with Qty 87 in stock for "pre-order."  Shipping via China Air Mail to the USA is $27.99. 

When I last previously checked the Modelcollect website sometime in October, I thought I saw a sizeable discount for pre-order on the B-2 kit.  Does Modelcollect not offer this anymore?

12 hours ago, Dutch said:

So I should pre-order and hope for the best?

That's up to you.

Are these only limited edition kits?

No.

Looks like production is at or below 100 kits.

No.  As Hoops said, pre-order pricing was in tranches of 100 kits (presumably to fund development and/or gauge interest), but modelcollect is a long-run manufacturer, so the kits will be around for years.

*Personally*, I was turned off by the pre-order pricing model, since it felt more like an attempt to raise money than to lock in purchases.  Plus I'm anti pre-order anyway.  But, I have a strong suspicion that modelcollect have just bought a bigger injection moulding machine, since they've announced slew of large releases (they've also announced a 1/72 Ratte tank, which is similar to a B-2 in size), so it could be they needed to raise cash to fund the machinery.  IDK.  But I'd rather see the finished product before pulling the trigger.

To be clear, the MSRP price is not what it will cost in actual shops, it will be significantly below that. Thumb of rule is about 25% or so i would say. Either way, i preordered the B-2 despite the correct risks outlined by MoFo above.

• 3 weeks later...